Demilich, I invite you in

Most of these bands ARE on prog archives: Mellow Candle, Trees, Steeleye Span, Pearls Before Swine, Harmonium, ISB.....

Does anyone know anything about that Mark Fry shit Mr Haze (who??) posted earlier. Specifically, this album:
album_Mark-Fry-Dreaming-With-Alice.jpg
Other than the fact that it has the same cover as Donovan's "Barabajagal."

OK, no prog from here on out! :loco:

I'll swing things back with a controversial statement: granted, I've only heard each of their first 3 albums once, but... the Incredible String Band are annoying, at times even grating. Convince me as to why I should keep trying. Keeping in mind that I already have pot. Go!

Downloaded:
EARTH AND FIRE - s/t
SUBWAY - s/t
FUCHSIA - s/t

Now listening to:
FOREST - s/t

Attaq of the s/t's!!!!!

Downloaded:
EARTH AND FIRE - s/t <-- don't know that one, is it the prequel band to Earth, Wind & Fire?
SUBWAY - s/t <-- this is very, VERY good. Bunch of nearly homeless street entertainers lost in foreign Paris, working magic out of a few strings and woods. You don't see that anymore...
FUCHSIA - s/t <-- flawed but somehow "special." I'd rank it as one of the buried classics that poop on any Beatles album effortlessly. Love's Forever Changes and The Zombies's Oddessey & Oracles would be other ones of the kind, only more consistent

Now listening to:
FOREST - s/t <-- a bit shallow at times but many essential songs and great atmosphere + fantastic playing + Haughm endorsement. Their second album rules equally.

Attaq of the s/t's!!!!!

^
see my great comments embedded in your quote, cutie.

FOREST's 2nd album rules more than the s/t, get it!

EARTH AND FIRE is solid stuff but I only heard it once.
SUBWAY, no idea.
FUSCHIA I have but never listened.

hey, get SPRING s/t while you're at it (here is a track for you)

I'll swing things back with a controversial statement: granted, I've only heard each of their first 3 albums once, but... the Incredible String Band are annoying, at times even grating. Convince me as to why I should keep trying. Keeping in mind that I already have pot. Go!

That isn't controversial! Me and Ellestin are the only people on this board who can even tolerate that band!

I was totally indifferent towards them for a while, having heard only parts of the first 3 albums. Then one day when I hadn't heard them in quite a while, I just put on 5000 Spirits or the Layers of the Onion and it clicked like few albums have ever clicked with me before. I don't doubt that marijuana played a decent role in this. I can't even really explain what it is about them... their songs are just pure magic to me. Some of the most distinct, beautiful and accomplished albums of the 1960s.

EARTH AND FIRE: see prog thread

SUBWAY: Neat hippie background. Those were the days. That makes me wonder: why did none of these mindbending, tripped-out folk bands come from San Francisco?

FUCHSIA: LOL at the "Odessy and Oracle" misspelling, but in this case I think it's intentional. Haven't listened yet. But: "one of the buried classics that poop on any Beatles album effortlessly" might be the BIGGEST, most OUTLANDISH, hyperbole of ALL TIME. :)

SPRING: Thanks for the track, Demilich. Been wanting to hear these guys for a long time.

FOREST: Only have the s/t. I'm not in love with it. But haven't listened much.

FUCHSIA: LOL at the "Odessy and Oracle" misspelling, but in this case I think it's intentional. Haven't listened yet. But: "one of the buried classics that poop on any Beatles album effortlessly" might be the BIGGEST, most OUTLANDISH, hyperbole of ALL TIME. :)

This album is great. Don't have anything brilliant to say about it at the moment, other than "I'm buying this on CD."

I listened to part of Fuschia s/t in the car today, thought it was very nice. Nothing else to say either.

This isn't gay enough to belong in this thread but I'm listening to it, it rules, and it has a King Crimson member in it!

BE+-+Fripp+No+PF.jpg

Is it the recently released super duper edition?

with the entire album in HALF SPEED (this is amazing)

and also BACKWARDS

?

I think it is, it has 2 cds and I dont know if I have all of it but there IS half-speed and backward stuff. Sounds almost like a totally different album.

And its remastered or remixed or some shit, I hear the sound is greatly improved.

Uh..... well, YEAH, every single thing Brian Eno is involved with is pure genius. Even his turds.

(ESPECIALLY his turds.)

Best Fuchsia track (after one listen): "Shoes and Ships"

Today I bought BROSELMASCHINE, cuz I kept hearing about it.
Downloaded that HARMONIUM (from a certain ftp).
From Peppermint: the second FOREST, TEA AND SYMPHONY and some other shitz.
Bands I'm interested in hearing next: SPIROGYRA, FAIRPORT CONVENTION and MOONKYTE.

Ellestin, you dirty Frenchman, I summon you!

This morning I've downloaded some more ofthe ISB's later stuff, namely Earthspan and Hard Rope and Silken Twine. Listening to the latter now, and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. Way less "avant" than their earlier stuff, but still quality songwriting and strong performances especially from Robin. I haven't listened to Earthspan because I can't fucking find it in my music folder. np: live version of "Cold Days of February," beautiful!

Does anyone know anything about that Mark Fry shit Mr Haze (who??) posted earlier. Specifically, this album:
album_Mark-Fry-Dreaming-With-Alice.jpg
Other than the fact that it has the same cover as Donovan's "Barabajagal."

I'm just a lurker. I don't check the forums often. It was originally released in 72' and then rereleased in 05 or 06 I think, when his vinyl was dug up and praised in the same fashion as Vashti Bunyan's "Just Another Diamond Day". He apparently has released stuff since, like Vashti also, but I haven't checked it out.

Also, this might be an obvious rec. but I don't think they've been mentioned yet, so for those of you who dig ISB, try Tyrannosaurus Rex's first four albums.

Ellestin, you dirty Frenchman, I summon you!

This morning I've downloaded some more ofthe ISB's later stuff, namely Earthspan and Hard Rope and Silken Twine. Listening to the latter now, and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. Way less "avant" than their earlier stuff, but still quality songwriting and strong performances especially from Robin. I haven't listened to Earthspan because I can't fucking find it in my music folder. np: live version of "Cold Days of February," beautiful!

I've dowmloaded both of them too, lately, andhaven't given them proper time so far, but my first impression was distinctly on the positive side, especially for Hard Rope... After falling in gay love with U, I guess Changing Horses will remain the black sheep in their discography as far as I'm concerned.