demon of the fall intro?

Pave

New Metal Member
Sep 25, 2004
i just noticed that the beginning of demon of the fall is something backwards, so i recorded it and reversed it... what is it from anyway? i dont recognize it, or maybe i cant get the right speed to make it sound right =\

Themoor666 said:
I am still sticking to my theory that it's a really old demo of opeth, probably back in like 93 or so. It sounds like Mike growling and a bunch of fast metal with loud sloppy drums. Kinda like an even messier "into the frost of winter" hehe
Hm I bet mike just thought it osunded really evil :p

Nice, thanks Moonlapse. It sounds like the took some old contemporary of their's and did the opposite of what you did.

alan is right about the channel thing. It still sounds like both things are taken from the same artist/song. I have no idea who it is though. Maybe its time we asked Mike. Could it be a Celtic Frost song? (scuse the ignorance if I'm way off - I've never heard their material).

yeah that's definetly some black metal song, but i'm really suprised that no one knows who it is. even though it's only 2 seconds, if you listen to that stuff, that part should be enough to identify the band (if someone listens to this particular band of course)

Moonlapse: your audiofile really sounds like Strapping young lad imo. i am sure it's not taken from city tho. anybody here that knows As heavy as a really heavy thing well enough to confirm or falsify?

The vocals sound a bit shrill I know, but compare it to the fast part right after the long interlude in "Under The Weeping Moon". I don't know, maybe it's just me...

i remember the much older version of this thread
someone also reversed the song!

i dont think its mayhem - it actually sounds like old goatwhore or some other similar band from the clip to me (it might be mayhem, as i have turned off every mayhem song ive heard with maniacs voice - that queer) :loco:

in fact - i think someone actually found out who it was - but i obviously wasnt paying attention and am too lazy to dig out the old thread. :Spin:

i agree with moonlapse, its been years - maybe mike should tell us now

unless he likes watching us suffer :erk:

[KOTNO]Narrot said:
Moonlapse: your audiofile really sounds like Strapping young lad imo. i am sure it's not taken from city tho. anybody here that knows As heavy as a really heavy thing well enough to confirm or falsify?

Yeah, i was gonna say it sounds like one of Devin's productions (don't have the file now, but I think especially the right channel)...I almost thought it was Soilwork at first.