Demons And Wizards?

JesterOfDeath

AKA Addicted To Death
Nov 16, 2001
Chicago, Illinois
www.roomsevenstudios.com
Ok i know i recently got into Blind Guardian a few months ago, but i suddenly remembered the Demons and Wizards CD they did with Iced Earth! I don't know how i could forget that collaboration, but do any of you guys have it? I'm thinking about getting it ASAP. Gimme some reviews guys !

I don't have it but I really enjoy the songs that I have heard off of it. I am mad because I saw it in the store in March and figured I would get it the next time I come back, but when I came back, it wasn't there.

I have had this cd for a year or so and it still gets serious play in my car. Hansi is well.. he's fuckin Hansi... And of course it has quite a few Jon Schaffer flares that I love. They are currently working on a second D&W album that I can't wait for. My advice... get it ASAP. If you don't like it I will buy you any cd of your choice... It is that good. IMO. :)

i have it, but imo there's just two-three songs that are really worth it. and the concept is kinda stale (the fantasy theme was abused enough by blind guardian and iced earth alone already). however, i guess if you're really into both these bands the album will serve to satisfy some curiosity and/or fill the time between other releases.

rahvin.

I'm not a big fan of Iced Earth but Blind Guardian are my favourite band, so I have some complaints if I'm comparing it to Blind Guardian:
The song structures are simpler.
There's too much emphasis on the rhythm guitar and it's repeating itself too much.
The lead guitars are not as interesting (as in Blind Guardian).

But I still like the album because of several reasons:
Hansi's voice.
The fact that Hansi's is doing all the vocals and vocal harmonies.
The vocal melodies...
The dark atmosphere in the album is quite nice.
The lyrics are good (and they are not fantasy...)
Though they are not very complex the guitars are pretty nice and fun to listen to.

oh, and it has a great booklet..
:D

Originally posted by Silver Sable
I have had this cd for a year or so and it still gets serious play in my car. Hansi is well.. he's fuckin Hansi... And of course it has quite a few Jon Schaffer flares that I love. They are currently working on a second D&W album that I can't wait for. My advice... get it ASAP. If you don't like it I will buy you any cd of your choice... It is that good. IMO. :)

I just bought it...and HATED it. You can email me @ markgugs@hotmail.com and I'll reply with the CD that I'd like, thanks! :D :lol: :D

[note: the above reply was all in jest...hehe...I LOVE D&W!]

I don't have it but I really enjoy the songs that I have heard off of it. I am mad because I saw it in the store in March and figured I would get it the next time I come back, but when I came back, it wasn't there.

I fuckin' hate it when that happens!!!!!!:mad:

I just bought it off The End Records! I also bought Kalmah-Swamplord! I have They Will Return and love it so I decided to get their first one too. I am thankful for The End Records!

Originally posted by markgugs
Don't forget the ever-kickass drummer, Mr. Richard Christy.

He isn't playing on the album. Mark Prator did. And he recorded that album and ANOTHER album during the same weekend!!!

wow, there are actually people I know on here!

anyway, d&w RULES! well, I have to agree about the overstressed rhythm guitar and the so-so lead guitar, but if you set your equalizer just right, you can easily balance that out. Hansi's singing is PERFECT as always... well, ok, not always. if you've heard the live d&w from Balingen "blood on my hands" there's a little scary surprise around 00:03:00 or so.

Although I'm open-minded, be warned, for I am the #1 Hansi fan on metal forums like this, for those who don't know me