Desperately need a hand folks! PLEASE READ!

Humidfume

Hey folks what's up?

I'll keep it short and snappy so you don't get bored
then go more in depth later on so you guys know how big a deal this is to us!

In short:
We have our first ever tour coming up (5 years in the making) and we have just 15 days left to raise as much cash as possible to pay for the following; Physical CD's, T-Shirts, Fuel for the 500+ mile tour and a plane ticket for one of our band members!

Why should you donate?

Come check us out and see what you think for yourself!

Music:
http://www.thekarhugroove.com/music.html

Donate:
http://igg.me/p/53168?a=328608

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a serious think about this guys and gals a mere Dollar, Euro, Pound etc will help us so much!

We are reaching out to you all for the last 2 weeks before we finally get to tour after 5 years of finding members, writing, networking, relocating, designing etc.

This means so much for us that it really does feel ridiculous trying to convey it on a forum in a single post.

Just please! Check us out and if you feel the cause is worthy, please please please share this around and see if you can help us out!

Many many thanks brothers and sisters!

Karhu

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, i would ask friends and family to provide me and my project/band for a loan and/or investment.
And perhaps some transparancy will help you and your band more, how much do you lads still need.. what costs what exactly, will people get rewarded in any way after the tour? etc..

Dude, you gotta have your shit together BEFORE you book a tour. CDs/Shirts are relatively inexpensive and I believe a band's first priority should be putting together an album/ep. THEN play shows. Save up get some other merch. Then start saving up for a tour. If you have dedicated members that have jobs and really put the band first, you shouldn't have a problem getting enough cash to hit the road for a bit.

Sup folks, thanks for the replies. We all have jobs, except we all also own houses and have to pay almost all of our money out on bills, car fuel, food etc. We've had $150 dollars worth of help so far from people which is fantastic. We didn't have a chance to "get our shit together" before the tour cause Osku (the Finnish member) is only free this year for July.

With regards to us all being broke musicians and getting something back in return. Well if people like us then by donating to us they get free shirts, CD's etc and most importantly they get to see us actually tour, get free tour video updates and pictures etc. If you don't like our music then it's easy to sit back and carry on with your own stuff etc and there is no problem with that at all. But people who DO like it generally want to see somethign succeed. For eg a while back I donated to a few bands because I thought they sounded awesome and I wanted them to have a chance at being able to get out there.

Life in the UK isn't easy financially, so it's not a case of not saving / wasting money. It's a case of CD's are $600 shirts are the same (for 100 CD's and 50 Shirts), car insurance, plane tickets, bills, tax, fuel etc. Life itself puts a barrier in the way which makes it extremely difficult to gather the funds to do things on your own. So we're reaching out to people who are interested in helping us if they can. You guys obviously have your own stuff to be funding and getting on with / don't like us enough to want to help and that is absolutely fine :D But I'd rather ask for help and not get any than sit around and never know.

And that mentality has gotten us $150 of help so far.

So thanks for the replies guys! But the tour was a case of only being able to do it in July or wait another couple of years... so we're hopefully pulling it all together last minute. Take risks ;)

Thanks guys!

Joe

@Toxic, we don't have that option man, our families are in debt as it is.

5 years in the making, and you're trying to raise funds now???

Don't you think that should've been taken care of already?

Across 5 years (being in college and school as I'm only 21) we finally got a lineup worth keeping (Osku and the bassist joined last year in June so the tracks you hear are a product of 8 months or so of work with this lineup) and from the ages of 16 to 21 you don't really have any money... the money I did have went into gear and a car. I've only had a full working job since I was 20 because I was in education.

Buying a head, cab, 3 cars (because they failed MOT's etc) guitars, pickups, Uni loans and plane tickets for other members etc. That takes all of your money.

I saved for years to buy my gear man so I'm not short on money through wasting it. I just haven't earned enough to cover bills AND save. I don't smoke or drink, I don't go out, I rarely buy games or CD's etc. I don't have a life to waste money on I literally just haven't made enough to cover everything until now.

But having 4 months (from now) to save up $3000 for car insurance, bills, rent, food and fuel etc... there is only so much I can do.

I'm not sure I see the problem with asking for help here? But hopefully my response can clarify why the money isn't there.

Many thanks,

Joe

Sorry man, but I don't think you'll get that much help here. We all sympathize with your position, but most of us have been in the position where we wanted to go on tour but couldn't afford it(or had to take a loan for it etc.). That's the way it works nowadays. I personally wouldn't dream of going onto an internet forum asking for other musicians' money if I was short on cash for a tour. If you can't afford going on tour you should wait until you can afford it without the risk of totally screwing up your own finances and making your life hell.

MichaelJacksonThrillerPopcorn.gif

I can understand where you're coming from, but we ALL have bills, rent, car insurance, debt and so on and so on. That's the way life goes. If you had suffered from a practice space robbery and losing all your gear or something, I would definitely consider donating five bucks or so even though I'm struggling with my bills myself, but just to cover the costs of being a band... Sorry man, but you have the exact same prerequisites for making it as any other band, and hard work is what it takes to make things happen. No such thing as free lunch.

That being said, I genuinely wish the best for the tour and hope you have a good time on the road.

Dude, you gotta have your shit together BEFORE you book a tour.

this. the problem isn't why you can't afford it, the problem is you booked your band on a tour on a deadline of 15 days even though you knew you couldn't afford it.

i hope your band gets on tour and all but i do think you guys brought this on yourselves.

Jesus buttsecks Christ... when I think what we had to go through to be able to do even a 4 day tour.... I'm gobsmacked to be honest. The only band I voluntarily gave money to was One Minute Silence, when they did their whole PledgeMusic thing.

It's a case of CD's are $600 shirts are the same (for 100 CD's and 50 Shirts)

Not sure what kind of CDs you ordered but 600$ for 100 sounds like a complete rip-off. Some websites give you around 3 times as many for the same price, let me know if it's not too late and I might dig something up.

No worries guys, thanks for the kind wishes! We've gotten this far by ourselves so we always will carry on that way, we were just reaching out to the metal community. We are all different. but to me if I saw a band I liked asking for a hand I'd Chuck em a Buck. that's like what you could find behind the couch ya know?

$600 is about £3.50 a CD. which is fully printed, shipped and wrapped in poly. I didn't think that was a bad deal at all man.

but anyway. Thanks for the feedback folks!

Joe x