DETONATION: Dutch melodic Death/Thrash

Originally posted by Lord F L
hi MadTinus,
have you got any release out ??
Yeah, one official release, a Mini CD from January 2000 (recorded October 1999) called "Lost Euphoria", it has 4 songs.

The band also recorded a 3-song Promo in 2001 (March), these songs are a lot better than the MCD, you can download the Promo 2001 entirely for free from www.mp3.com/detonation , check it out and let us know what you think!

Thanks MadTinus a.k.a. Martijn

Great stuff man! I'll have to say you guys are one of the more original melodic death metal bands out there. Too bad you're not in America, or we could hook up some shows together. Check out my band at www.soultorn.tk The In Flames webmaster did it for us.... at least we might be able to trade links? Let me know what you think.

Ryan

Originally posted by Soultorn
Great stuff man! I'll have to say you guys are one of the more original melodic death metal bands out there. Too bad you're not in America, or we could hook up some shows together. Check out my band at www.soultorn.tk The In Flames webmaster did it for us.... at least we might be able to trade links? Let me know what you think.

Ryan
Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the positive comments! The band is currently in the process of recording their debut full-length CD "An Epic Defiance", the drums and bass have already been recorded and coming Friday Koen (vocals/guitar) and Mike (guitar) wil enter the studio to record the guitars and the vocals.

Artwork will be handled by Niklas Sundin of Dark Tranquillity (www.cabinfevermedia.com), the CD will be released by the band themselves in October (hopefully).

I am now listening to your live track at MP3.com, you seem to have a "normal" singer, oh no, he does screaming too, cool. A bit In Flames-ish. Would prefer to hear some studio material to make a fair judgement, cause the live recording sounds a bit shaky. His "normal" voice sounds a bit like Garm (Arcturus).

A link-exchange is always a good idea, e-mail the webmaster for that at otto.svdo@euronet.nl , there are banners on the site (www.detonation.nu), in the Links section.

Keep it up!

Martijn a.k.a. MadTinus

Originally posted by MadTinus

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for the positive comments! The band is currently in the process of recording their debut full-length CD "An Epic Defiance", the drums and bass have already been recorded and coming Friday Koen (vocals/guitar) and Mike (guitar) wil enter the studio to record the guitars and the vocals.

Artwork will be handled by Niklas Sundin of Dark Tranquillity (www.cabinfevermedia.com), the CD will be released by the band themselves in October (hopefully).

I am now listening to your live track at MP3.com, you seem to have a "normal" singer, oh no, he does screaming too, cool. A bit In Flames-ish. Would prefer to hear some studio material to make a fair judgement, cause the live recording sounds a bit shaky. His "normal" voice sounds a bit like Garm (Arcturus).

A link-exchange is always a good idea, e-mail the webmaster for that at otto.svdo@euronet.nl , there are banners on the site (www.detonation.nu), in the Links section.

Keep it up!

Martijn a.k.a. MadTinus

Niklas is doing work for you as well? Haha, small world. He just got finished with the art for our third album (upcoming this Sept.) called "Masks".
And the live track was looped to cd through a video camera, so I don't blame you. I think it's a pure miracle that it picked up everything that well. We'll have some studio stuff on the web (As well as a cover of "with the flaming shades of fall" by DT on thier site) in about a month or so, so I'll keep you posted.. and I mailed your webmaster, so hopefully that link trade goes well.
Thanks alot man, and :headbang:"keep the metal faith alive" :headbang:

Originally posted by Soultorn
Niklas is doing work for you as well? Haha, small world. He just got finished with the art for our third album (upcoming this Sept.) called "Masks".
And the live track was looped to cd through a video camera, so I don't blame you. I think it's a pure miracle that it picked up everything that well. We'll have some studio stuff on the web (As well as a cover of "with the flaming shades of fall" by DT on thier site) in about a month or so, so I'll keep you posted.. and I mailed your webmaster, so hopefully that link trade goes well.
Thanks alot man, and :headbang:"keep the metal faith alive" :headbang:
Yep, he is! It's not entirely finished yet, but we'll get there.

This weekend (Friday to Monday) Mike (guitar) and Koen (guitar, vox) went to the studio to do the guitars and Saturday we heard a little preview of a track with only drums, bass and rhythm guitar and it fuckin' blasted!!

They finished all of the rhythm guitar and almost all lead work yesterday and will return to the studio next week to finish it off, the week after that the mixing will be done.

Later this week the studio guy will send over a CD with a few tracks in a rough mix, so we'll have a better idea how it'll sound.

I saw tonight the Soultorn link had been added to the Detonation page, please add the Detonation link soon too, thanks and keep the fire burning, let me know when the studio stuff is online, looing forward to it!

Regards,
MadTinus