DUTCH Metal!

Originally posted by MadTinus
Thanks, I checked your list too and noticed we have a lot of titles in common! Funny, we come from the same place (almost), have the same name, have a similar taste in music and we hardly know eachother! :D

I have just updated my list again, though it still isn't entirely finished, there are at least another 160 CD's to add... :)

BTW, I saw you own Detonation's "Lost Euphoria" MCD, cool! They released a 3-song promo CD last year, you can download it for free from their website in high quality 192 kbps mp3's, check it out!

Last Sunday they finished the mixing of their debut full-length CD at Excess studios, Rotterdam. It will be sent to the printers tomorrow (Thursday) and the CD should be available in about 2 weeks. A song off the album has been uploaded on MP3.com, but it will take a few days before it will be available for stream/download there, but keep checking www.mp3.com/detonation and you'll notice soon enough when the song's available. Attend one of their coming gigs if you can!

Coming DETONATION gigs:
- Sat. 19 oktober, Babylon, Woerden (presentation of their new CD "An Epic Defiance", supports Blood Red Angel & Mortal Form)
- Sat. 26 oktober, Phanta Rei, Vlissingen (met Hope Springs Infernal)
- Sat. 2 november, So What!, Ede (met M-90's)
- Fri. 8 november, Zaal Schoonveld, Vught (met M-90's)
- Sun. 24 november, U-pop festival, somewhere in Utrecht (venue to be announced)
- 14 december, Koornbeurs, Delft

Yup, I noticed that too, indeed it's quite funny, same place, same music etc.. and hardly know eachother.

I know someone else as well, (I met him at metaltabs.com) he is from kanaaleiland, also come in the pit, boothill and stairway, but never seen him as well, :) he probably go with us to thyrfing in december in Arnhem (goudvishal), You go as well?

gonna download that detonation stuff, when i'm back home.

maybe i go to ede, cause i know lots of people up there.

time 4 cofee and a smoke, cya (on msn im: mwietsma@hotmail.com) cya!!

Originally posted by Darkenelf
Yup, I noticed that too, indeed it's quite funny, same place, same music etc.. and hardly know eachother.

I know someone else as well, (I met him at metaltabs.com) he is from kanaaleiland, also come in the pit, boothill and stairway, but never seen him as well, :) he probably go with us to thyrfing in december in Arnhem (goudvishal), You go as well?

gonna download that detonation stuff, when i'm back home.

maybe i go to ede, cause i know lots of people up there.

time 4 cofee and a smoke, cya (on msn im: mwietsma@hotmail.com) cya!!
Don't know if I'm going to Thyrfing in Arnhem, we'll see.

Well, indeed it is funny that there's people living really close to you with the same musical taste etc. and the place where you finally get to meet them is some messageboard on the internet! :D

The new Detonation album is finished and is at the printers as we speak, available in a week or two... I've uploaded the title track on MP3.com, it should "approved" and online in just a few days...

See y'around!

Tonight, is PIT in ACU, do you go to it??
No, I didn't go, the bands didn't really appeal to me and I had no one to go with cause the 2 friends I usually go to de Pit with were away (Koen and Mike of Detonation, they're roadies for Within Temptation and WT played in Belgium last night).

@Redelijk, Sun Caged is cool! :D

Originally posted by MadTinus
No, I didn't go, the bands didn't really appeal to me and I had no one to go with cause the 2 friends I usually go to de Pit with were away (Koen and Mike of Detonation, they're roadies for Within Temptation and WT played in Belgium last night).

@Redelijk, Sun Caged is cool! :D
I used to play in Within Temptation.... Such a small world....

Originally posted by Redelijk
I used to play in Within Temptation.... Such a small world....
Yeah and you (Sun Caged) played with Detonation in Nijmegen (Staddijk) earlier this year, really cool festival!

And to take it one step further, your guitarplayer Marcel is Detonation guitarplayer Mike's guitarteacher! :D

About Detonation, Woerden a.s. Saturday!
How do I get there, when I am at Station?
Hmm, I don't know, I'm not from Woerden, only been there a few times by car.

But maybe there's a map/ explanation on their site www.belangrijk.nl/woerdschok or else e-mail them at woerdschok@belangrijk.nl.

EDIT: looked it up for ya, here it is:
openbaar vervoer - trein / bus:
De dichtsbijzijnde bushalte is station NS Woerden. Met de trein kom je hier ook aan. Neem uitgang noord/centrum. Loop 5 a 10 minuten in noordelijke richting.

I didn't go, Saturday we have played for 4 1/2 hours guitar.
Well, there's plenty more opportunities to see them in the coming months, they will also play twice in Utrecht.

Download the new Detonation track, click link in my sig. Lemme know what you think!

Coming gigs:
- Sat. October 26th 2002: Phanta Rei, Vlissingen.
With Hope Springs Infernal.
- Sat. November 2nd 2002: So What, Ede.
With M-90's.
- Fri. November 8th 2002: Zaal Schoonveld, Vught.
With M-90's.
- Sat. November 9th 2002: Unitas, Wageningen.
With Judgement Day & Obscenity.
- Sat. November 16th 2002: De Flatertheek, Naaldwijk.
With M-90's.
- Sun. November 24th 2002: Moira, Utrecht.
U-pop festival.
- Sat. December 7th 2002: dB's, Utrecht.
With Imbolc.
- Sat. December 14th 2002: De Koornbeurs, Delft.
With M-90's & Necrotaph.