DEVIN TOWNSEND: "I Want To Work With CHRISTINA AGUILERA"

threak

Oct 21, 2002
DEVIN TOWNSEND: I Want To Work With CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Jan. 23, 2003

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD mainman Devin Townsend is a huge Christina Aguilera fan, and he's not afraid to admit it.

"My fucking favorite new album is Christina's," Townsend revealed to Hartford Advocate. "She's fucking great. And man, I don't care what anybody says. First of all, that music video, it's not a sex video. She doesn't do anything, man — anything. She fucking commands the camera, she can dance, and she can fucking sing any of those other chicks under the table.

"Not only that, but, she's like, 'Britney [Spears], You're going to show some belly? OK. Not only am I going to sing you under the table, I'm going to show off my entire fucking body.' I think that's rad.

"It's like, people are giving her such shit, about the way she dresses," he continued. "But, most of it isn't her. It's her press agents going, 'Now, we'll put her in a G-string.' If you look at that video, purely as an exhibition of her being an artist, dude, she can sing and she can dance — and that's wicked.

"I'd work with her. But I'm sure she'd be insufferable. I mean, as much as I respect her as an artist, it's like, I wouldn't know what to do. I'd be like, 'OK. Do that thing you do, and let's put some metal under it.' If she wanted to sing on a metal record, I'd produce the fuck out of her."

he he he......3 words!

WHAT THE FUCK!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think she's got a great voice... although all her songs are shit

i would feel ashamed doing it, but i know i'd buy a christina/devy collaboration ..

:lol:

actually,everything he says is true.No matter what we say,all corporate tyrant pop singers can sing.But like devy said,everything is controlled by managers and press agents telling her exactly how to do her career.he only said that he respected her as a singer and dancer,he didnt say anything about her style of music that she probaly has about 30% input on.

so in a sense,more power to him.

yeah it's not like he's made some sheep comment or something :)S), loving her for no reason just to go along with the crowd you know... he's justified himself
so whatever floats your boat Devin :D

I think this would be very interesting, and I agree with him as much as I dislike and avoid anything remotely related to what she does. She has a good voice and has no control over how she's whored to the masses. I'm now curious as to how that would sound. :confused:

Originally posted by Edgecrusher
Christina Aguilera, boy would I like to float HER boat.

Am I right guys? Eh? Eh?

:)

I think that goes without saying!

Christina: :eek:
Jersen: :D
Christina: :eek:
Jersen: :eek:
Christina: :cry:
Jersen: :)

Kick ass!!!

Just think if Devin (good producer, which have proved his abilities with Soilwork) manages to create something good out of this! If Christina accept his offer and then he do as he said (produce the fuck out of her) it could get interesting...

Compared to the other girls in Christinas genre she can sing really good (technically, of course) and with Devins support he may turn this out to be rather cool... Maybe not good but cool...

Are you guys mad? Christina has a shit voice, she has a typical, whiny pop voice which sounds the same as every other god damn female pop singer, except maybe worse! She is also an ugly whore! If you think she is attractive you should go find your local prostitute, I'm sure you'd think they were her in disguise! She dresses like a whore, and is a sad corporate slave!
If Devin colaborates with her I think I'd laugh then be very very sick!!!!

I asked Devin about this when I interviewed him....

D: You recently mentioned in an interview at the Hartford advocate that you would like to work with Christina Aguilera and the backlash created somewhat of a stir over the internet, for the record do you really want to work with her or basically just bend her ass over?

D.T.: No I don't want to have sex with her, well shit she's beautiful but I have a wife and I'm completely monogamous. Just as an artist though I think she's fucking awesome, I think she's got awesome voice, I think she's got awesome look too. She can dance well, she can sing well and say if you take that silly little dirty video that she did and put like full-on screaming metal with her singing on it, dude that would be the hottest thing ever. Which metal head wouldn't buy extreme fucking modern metal with Christina Aguilera screaming her fucking box off?