Is this serious?

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
From Blabbermouth.net:

"DEVIN TOWNSEND: I Want To Work With CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Jan. 23, 2003

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD mainman Devin Townsend is a huge Christina Aguilera fan, and he's not afraid to admit it.

"My fucking favorite new album is Christina's," Townsend revealed to Hartford Advocate. "She's fucking great. And man, I don't care what anybody says. First of all, that music video, it's not a sex video. She doesn't do anything, man — anything. She fucking commands the camera, she can dance, and she can fucking sing any of those other chicks under the table.

"Not only that, but, she's like, 'Britney [Spears], You're going to show some belly? OK. Not only am I going to sing you under the table, I'm going to show off my entire fucking body.' I think that's rad.

"It's like, people are giving her such shit, about the way she dresses," he continued. "But, most of it isn't her. It's her press agents going, 'Now, we'll put her in a G-string.' If you look at that video, purely as an exhibition of her being an artist, dude, she can sing and she can dance — and that's wicked.

"I'd work with her. But I'm sure she'd be insufferable. I mean, as much as I respect her as an artist, it's like, I wouldn't know what to do. I'd be like, 'OK. Do that thing you do, and let's put some metal under it.' If she wanted to sing on a metal record, I'd produce the fuck out of her."

Huh?

Originally posted by markgugs
From Blabbermouth.net:

"DEVIN TOWNSEND: I Want To Work With CHRISTINA AGUILERA - Jan. 23, 2003

STRAPPING YOUNG LAD mainman Devin Townsend is a huge Christina Aguilera fan, and he's not afraid to admit it.

Huh?

Having met him, and spent a good bit of time with him at ProgPower, I must say that this does not surprise me at all. He's just that wacky. :) Besides, he *is* Canadian, ya know. :D

--Mike

Originally posted by metal dreams
I'd actually like to see that happen. It could possibly work. She's got a great voice and a little metal under it would be really good.

:confused: Look, Devin's not going to personally like you any more for saying this...you're not fooling anyone! :lol:

Funny stuff. Seriously though, are any of you surprised? It's Devin, ferchristsakes. He's a nut.

As long as he keeps creating timeless albums like Terria or Ocean Machine, he can say he likes O-Town or fucking Jay-Z for all I care.

From What I understand, Christina A. doesn't find White Men attractive. Some Rolling Stone or Maxim article had her pretty much quoted as saying she did'n't date anybody but black or latino guys.

Maybe she just needs a dose of The Metal to change her mind. She's obviously never heard W.A.S.P. "Animal, F**K Like a Beast".

she actually has 2 somewhat metal songs on her new album... "Fighter" and "Make Over". I stand with Devin, metal her up. She has the chops to handle it.

and news flash for the critics bashing her.. she ain't doing anythign different than Madonna did and will still do. They're just jumping on her from "changing" sweet to sexy.