Devin Townsend Tour

nomisofsiman

Sep 19, 2008
Wheaton, IL
So, I'm surprised no one has mentioned anything about this tour since it's been going on. I'm going this Sunday in Chicago, so I was just curious how the shows have been, how long the set is, merch, etc.

I thought I already replied to you :lol:

90 minutes? I didn't time it but at the start of the set he said we were stuck with him for the next hour and a half lol.

This tour is a must see as far as I'm concerned. TesseracT and Devin Townsend both put on quality shows.

As far as merch goes. We were at the beginning of the tour and they had already ran out of XL Devin Townsend shirts. Go figure.

I thought I already replied to you :lol:

This tour is a must see as far as I'm concerned. TesseracT and Devin Townsend both put on quality shows.

As far as merch goes. We were at the beginning of the tour and they had already ran out of XL Devin Townsend shirts. Go figure.

You were it. :lol: I just found it odd no one talking about it. Weird that the XL's were out already. Hopefully they have a medium or large. For merch, I meant more if there was a variety of shirts and such or just a basic tour shirt, etc.? Also, how was the setlist? A good mix of all his solo stuff?

You were it. :lol: I just found it odd no one talking about it. Weird that the XL's were out already. Hopefully they have a medium or large. For merch, I meant more if there was a variety of shirts and such or just a basic tour shirt, etc.? Also, how was the setlist? A good mix of all his solo stuff?

They had a slight variety. I thought the tour shirt was the coolest. As far as the setlist, I thought the variety was excellent. He played all my favorite songs. A lot of Ziltoid.

I was at the Hartford, CT show on Halloween...and it was a BLAST. Probably the most fun I've had at a show before. It felt like a party, and Devin is just so awesome musically and personally. He had me cracking up throughout the night, at things he was saying and the faces he was making. The setlist was a nice mix of his solo material and Ziltoid. The 30 minutes between TesseracT and Devin was pretty funny too with 'Ziltoid Radio' playing over the PA. Totally awesome show, and I hope the turnouts have been good enough for him to do another Headlining tour sooner than later, and in bigger rooms/venues. The venue he was at here was so small...I think our living room is wider.

I might actually hit the Chicago date... I found decent plane tickets, I will decide tomorrow.. ahha

This tour didn't come anywhere near me... I really want to go and Chicago is looking like the best bet...

Oh, the Worcester date was phenomenal. One of the best shows I've ever seen. Sold out the Palladium's upstairs, too, I think.

Without going into specifics, he played atleast one song off of almost every solo/DTB/DTP album (plus Ocean Machine), excluding Ki and the two ambient albums. You won't regret going.

I was at the Hartford, CT show on Halloween...and it was a BLAST. .

Ahhh! Didn't even know he was hitting Hartford. I decided to skip the Palladium show. If I had known about the Webster, I would have gone :yell:

I saw Devin there years back and it was an awesome show. Soo much fun and he's quite a character. He kept telling the crowd they were jealous of him and they all wish they could be as ugly as he is!

Damn! Totally missed hearing about this! He's playing Flint MI this Saturday, which is only about 45 minutes from my in-laws place...... Totally committed to other stuff this weekend though.

I was at the Hartford, CT show on Halloween...and it was a BLAST. Probably the most fun I've had at a show before. It felt like a party, and Devin is just so awesome musically and personally. He had me cracking up throughout the night, at things he was saying and the faces he was making. The setlist was a nice mix of his solo material and Ziltoid. The 30 minutes between TesseracT and Devin was pretty funny too with 'Ziltoid Radio' playing over the PA. Totally awesome show, and I hope the turnouts have been good enough for him to do another Headlining tour sooner than later, and in bigger rooms/venues. The venue he was at here was so small...I think our living room is wider.

I was going to be at that show if it wasn't for the fact that it was the same day I got back to CT from my honeymoon. Devin always puts on a good show, and I hear TesseracT is an amazing live band.

As for the venue, have you ever been to the main stage at the Webster? The Devin/TesseracT shows were held at the Underground, the smaller room. The main portion of the Webster (where Devin has played in the past) is actually pretty damn big.

I was planning on being at the Webster show, too, but a lot of things came up at the last minute. How was the turnout?

Ahhh! Didn't even know he was hitting Hartford. I decided to skip the Palladium show. If I had known about the Webster, I would have gone :yell:

I saw Devin there years back and it was an awesome show. Soo much fun and he's quite a character. He kept telling the crowd they were jealous of him and they all wish they could be as ugly as he is!

At this show Devin said something to the effect of, 'I'm the skinniest fat guy you'll meet. I might look thin, but I'm 87% fat'.

The one thing that had me cracking up the most, was because it was Halloween, he was wearing this green sport coat with purple trim...and boxer briefs or something and no pants. During the first or second song I think it was, he puts his leg up on a monitor, and says ''Gratuitous ball shots are free of charge!". :lol:

As for the venue, have you ever been to the main stage at the Webster? The Devin/TesseracT shows were held at the Underground, the smaller room. The main portion of the Webster (where Devin has played in the past) is actually pretty damn big.

I have been to quite a few shows at the main stage, saw Dev there with Opeth I think it was...this was actually my first time really seeing and being IN the Underground section...which was ridiculously small.

I was close to the front, so I couldn't see exactly how the room filled up, but by looking back and between all the people taller than me, it seemed close to full. Not sure how many people it holds...but maybe around 150-200?

I have been to quite a few shows at the main stage, saw Dev there with Opeth I think it was...this was actually my first time really seeing and being IN the Underground section...which was ridiculously small.

I was close to the front, so I couldn't see exactly how the room filled up, but by looking back and between all the people taller than me, it seemed close to full. Not sure how many people it holds...but maybe around 150-200?

You know, I refuse to go see a show at the Underground unless it's a band I really want to see. It's almost embarassing - the sound usually sucks and the stage is not higher than my friggin thighs... Ugh....

They had a slight variety. I thought the tour shirt was the coolest. As far as the setlist, I thought the variety was excellent. He played all my favorite songs. A lot of Ziltoid.

The "Bend It Like Bender" shirt (Bender from Futurama bending a girder in the shape of Devin's band logo) was the most tempting for me.

I had a great time at the Jaxx show last week. The highlight for me was Devin coming off the stage and playing guitar in the middle of the mosh pit.

Just checked the tour schedule and see they are playing Toronto tonight. Something tells me they probably already went through Buffalo (pout)...

If you can afford it, definitely add the VIP show to your purchase. The intimate acoustic experience sprinkled with questions and candid answers is to die for.

Amazing as always!

They did have a variety of shirts and a Ziltoid hoodie, but it did seem like they had run out of sizes. However, the Vegas show was the last of the West leg and they had 10 days before the next set of dates. Chances are they put in a new shirt order.

Someone recorded the whole VIP show in Vegas. Here is the link to part 1. You can navigate from there.

Yes, pictures and video taping were allowed. They actually actively solicit footage on the official forum.

And here are a few of my pics:

Acoustic VIP set
37936_1644691365858_1494105754_31657643_3143330_n.jpg

VIP meet-and-greet
33780_1644370957848_1494105754_31657253_4525283_n.jpg

Main show - in the audience
66021_1644692565888_1494105754_31657647_4894073_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: