Dez wanted to changed.

i think its retarded that to be a metalhead, u have to hate nu-metal. i listen to a lot of stuff that your would probably consider nu-metal, like dope, coal chamber, early godsmack. i mean music can be good even if its not complex or composed to opeth standards. however, i do not like most radio friendly mainstream music like staid, linkin park, etc. its just annoying music that appeals to the masses and makes money. u can all say that coal chamber and the like suck, but at least they didnt conform to the masses just to make a buck.

who gives a fuck who is playing with Opeth, after all, this is what this whole angst filled thread is about. Learn to form your own opinions, enjoy the god damn music.I'm amazed that so many people have brought forth so much energy to talk trash about a band(bands), just because they are on the bill with Opeth... Obviously there are alot of people who have to grow up here.

I think what it all comes down to is why people like Opeth or metal. The people I am referring to may be the elitist under fire around here.

1: I know I like it because it can be more complex then the average carnival shit that is all over the radio and tv.
2: It tends to have more heart and more passion towards music, which I cherish above all.
3: Metal isnt metal to many fans of what most "metalheads" call metal. Music lovers (like some of us are) see it as just "good tunes".
4: We know exactly what we love about it and will only listen to bands or artists that display that level of musicianship we have grown accustomed to.
5: These facts seem so simple to me and maybe others that it is incomprehensible that people can like rap of nu metal. I mean even slightly enjoy the circus music they deliver oh so well!!

I don't ever try to come off as stuck up but merely someone who is seeing things clearer or extremely distorted. Opeth aren't like nu metal and rap. Not even in the same fuckin dimension or plain of reality or w/e the fuck you wanna call it. I can't even begin to say how much more they mean to the music world then those stupid fuckin idiots!! I always get hostile when having to talk about this. sorry.

I just want something that will make me think about it. Think about why they decided to do this or not to do this here and there. What influences they have had in their music. Their overall progression with their music.

BTW, if you guys didn't already hear Mike is gonna be on Ayreons new album, I suggest picking up some of their shit! That Lucassen is a madman!

A big FUCK RAP to all those fans out there! And may numetal rot in that chinese hell where you are drowned for eternity! :D