DFH kit looking for some feedback and advice.

Sounds like you have some compression on the OH's or the master bus that makes the cymbals pump. The first one you did sounded better. The kick in the newest one sounds too fake...mostly because of the programming, but also the EQ plays a role in that as well.

~e.a

Don't mean to hijack things, but something's bugging me - someday when I have the time I have got to just sit down and make my own program/kit/list of samples/whatever it's called where the levels are all where I want them; right now I'm just using velocity adjustments to set level as well as accentuation and I know that's not the best way to go about doing things, but I don't want to do it any sooner than I have to - will I be burned for the stake for that, or can I get away with it for the time being? I'm just now getting to the point where I have a few things figured out well enough to not just go with default settings on things, so this is all a bit new to me.

Jeff

Hey elephant-audio, thats my problem im not sure what i should be compressing and what i shouldnt, i thought my 1st attempt was too muddy so i used a bit eq to give the drums some seperation. Im not sure what kind of reverbs i should be using either and where they should go ? should there been some kind of revern or gate on the cymbals ?