DFHS Clicktrack

Mendel

Lag Arkane
Jun 11, 2005
The Netherlands
www.mendelb.com
Is it in some ways possible to record drums with a clicktrack for an example. And then use DFHS samples on that clicktrack. Without useing drumagog for an example cause loading drumagog in 7 tracks would kill a pc.

The eason im asking this is i want to try record drums realy drms with clicktrac. and sample them with dfh.

If I understand what you are after, its perfectly possible. You can either use Drumagog, or KTDrumTrigger (Its free) to do this. Put either one of these on the drum track you want in drum kit from hell. If you are using Drumagog, enable the MIDI out, If you are using KT, choose the MIDI track and details etc. Then add a MIDI track, and put its input as Drumagog or KT (which ever one you are using), arm the MIDI track, and hit record. The will turn your drum track into MIDI notes. You may then have to do some cutting and pasting to get it all in one track, and then stick DFHS on it and you are done.

You only need one instance of drumagog running at a time, just to make the MIDI track, and once your MIDI track is made, you don't need any drumagogs running.

Hope that helps.

Mendel said:
Is it in some ways possible to record drums with a clicktrack for an example. And then use DFHS samples on that clicktrack. Without useing drumagog for an example cause loading drumagog in 7 tracks would kill a pc.

The eason im asking this is i want to try record drums realy drms with clicktrac. and sample them with dfh.

Convert you aduio over midi. Its a pain but it works perfect. You can do it a few ways. What is your host? You can do it with drumagog if you want.

Well I use Sonar 6 and there is a feature in it that allows you to make a midi track based of an audio track. But if you don't have that in Nuendo then you can use drumagog. Go to the advance tab and set enable midi out. Then make another midi track and set the input of it to the outpot of drumagog. You can hit record on the midi track and it should work like a charm. Only thing to keep an eye open for is latency issues (which is dependent on if neuendo makes up for it or not)