DFHS Dudes... HatsTrig question.

EtherForBreakfast

Hamster Style
Jun 19, 2005
I'm curious if any DFHS using forumites use either a mod wheel or an expression pedal assigned to "HatCtrl" ?

I used to use mod wheel, but now I have an expression pedal. Either way, CC4 will do hat control... I bought a new MIDI controller which I can now bash on and can use an exp pedal and I'm trying to get hats to work "normally".

I think the main problem is that neither a mod wheel or an exp pedal sending out a stream of 0-127 on CC4 will truly mimic what a "hat" controller does. Neither is capable of doing a Closed Pedal or a foot chick. Unless there is some way to send a NOTE ON when a controller reaches 127?!? Perhaps a third party utility was invented that does this??

So... if anyone here is using a mod wheel/exp pedal and has gotten PROPER hat control with it, I am all ears!

So many answers! I'll take that as no one is doing this and is mousing everything in.....

I'm also looking for a Nuendo Logical Editor preset that will run on a GM mapped drum performance and will DFHS Drummer map it.

Will FedEx overnight an extra large Papa Johns pizza with everything on it.

Thanks.

Haven't got a clue about your problem - but do have a question regarding dfhs. Which of the two - superior or custom and vintage have you guys found to sound best for rock/metal?

I think everyone uses superior. I uses DFH2 because I'm trying to save money for other things, but I think superior is the way to go.

And Ether, no I haven't done that. The Hat sound I'm getting right now is really crappy and obviously programmed. I was considering cutting out the hihat and actually recording my real one and leaving all the other drums gloriously fake.

With regards to your problem above - Ive been thinking about it. I'm pretty sure that a sysex message must exist. You must be able to utilise a program change that is controlled by control change, like a layered sample. As in native instruments kontakt 2? I'll shall have more of a think about it, and see if I can work it out - unless I have the wrong end of the drum stick. Which I may have.