DFHS - Meshuggah Catch 33 kick

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
I'm wondering if there's any kick samples on DFHS that, with or without tampering, can sound like the kick on Catch 33? I'm in love with that sound, and I'd be really grateful if anyone could pass on just a single kick sample to me that can end up sounding similar.

I have the original DFH, but as far as I'm aware, there are no kick sounds that resemble that one.

I think the whole album was recorded with DFHS Sonar kit. There are no live drums on that album.

Yeah I know that it was recorded using DFHS, which is exactly why I was wondering if anyone could point me to the particular kick that it was.

You say it was the Sonor kick, Splat? Is there any chance we could get a sample posted up anywhere... please? :D

moonhead... there is only one 22" Sonor kick in DFHS, which is what was used. I dont think anyone is going to link to the .wav for you.

Hmmm.. funny thing is, not so funny in fact, there are screenshots from a meshuggah session for those who have DFHS.. Splatt might have to explain a bit more on this one, but it's a set of screenshots of a song or album they did.

However, there are almost no plugins on the tracks.. just some wave plugins like r-comp, C1, C4 and L2.. EQ was done in cubase's own equalizer...

When done inserting these settings, i can't really come close at all to the sound they have..

Moonlapse said:
I've always just used an EQ for kick. C4 is too CPU intensive to use on each of the drums for me. Sometimes I buss the toms and use C4 on that to control flab, but that's about it.

Try everything man!!!! One thing I use on many projects for the kicks is THIS! Adds incredible "THUMP" to your kicks instantly!:OMG: EQ'ing will not do what this plug-in can do!

I use and i know other guys here, seizure, 006, mendel, etc. use the Waves RBass plug, on the kick, toms, and bass guitar to thicken things up, really seems to work well, i'm getting to the point now where my drums sound more triggered than programmed even though i'm not even randomizing velocities.

cobhc said:
I use and i know other guys here, seizure, 006, mendel, etc. use the Waves RBass plug, on the kick, toms, and bass guitar to thicken things up, really seems to work well, i'm getting to the point now where my drums sound more triggered than programmed even though i'm not even randomizing velocities.
Yeah, the RBass plug-in works great for mp3's. I know it's crazy compression(Mp3's), but usually when I download and burn many peoples Mp3's......and take them ...say...into a car stereo / boombox / or my home system. It's BASS MANIA!!:zombie: Lowend has tuff frequencies to work with, so many instruments fighting for space.:lol:

cobhc said:
thats also because mp3's rob the high end out of mixes
Hmm... well, depends how far you want to compress it down too. I've heard KILLER 128kbps Mp3's, and heard and made a few muddy 192kbps Mp3's:lol: . I'd say never go below 192kbps, unless you have too:p

Oops ... sorry. Way way off topic!