DFHS

Sep 7, 2006
Righto i'm proper pleased that i've finally got dfhs.
But i've always written all my drum parts in Sibelius 3, and if i export a midi and open it up in cubase with dfhs using the gm extended set thing, and nothing plays correctly. Anyone know of a way to get dfhs to read a standard gm map? It'd be really useful if anyone knows.
Ben.

when you open the dfhs plugin you can choose the map (choose pad configuration).
The options are:
SUPERIOR
GM EXTENDED

GM is your voice, but I think you have to convert your midi in the superior format. With superior drum map you can use all the instruments of the sets without limitations

I'm not aware of any easy way to do it, your best bet is to copy and paste, and then edit from there. For example copy your GM kick drum track onto the DFHS map on the left kick note. Then sort out which hits are left and right. Then do the same with the snare and toms, then sort out flams etc and cymbals. You are better off doing this, as you will have many more sounds at your disposal.

Yeah it's the way.
Alternativelly, make your midi whit that program and when it's finished, change the number of the note with the right Superior number.
Probably with sibelius it sounds like shit but when you export the midi and play it with superior, it's just ok.

GM is your voice, but I think you have to convert your midi in the superior format. With superior drum map you can use all the instruments of the sets without limitations

There's not really any difference nowadays..

That i've noticed anyway

I always do GME cause i write everything in guitar pro 5

I write midi with guitar pro too but if you use the standard gm you can't use all the cymbals because GM have 2 crash, 1 china, 1 splash, 1 ride ecc...
If you use a standard drumkit, there are no difference, but if you want more you have to convert in superior map.

yeah i do the guitarpro thing too and go through this all the time

best way ive found is to just bite the bullet and take the time to figure out where the hits go... easiest way to move them around is to zoom out real far and select all the hits on that track then ctrl+mousedrag it where it needs to be