DFHS mapping

cobhc

Amiga Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Anyone here have a GM map for DFHS, i had one that i'd made, but my comp messed up and i lost everything, so wondered if anyone had one where i could just load in a midi file and DFHS would play the right samples?

There is a map in the first DVD if I'm not wrong. Or may be I saved it, but it was in the vsti, for sure.

Because the GM spec *severely* limits the kit pieces - in essence you are losing the power and variety of DFHS by using GM.

The whole reason that they made a new mapping setup for DFH was because the general midi map wasn't adequate (all the different hi-hat hits and special snare hits, for example). If you take that away, you lose one of the big strengths of the program. Better if you take the time and actually program it correctly and get the intended sound quality.

He probably just wants to rip the drums off a Guitar Pro tab and have them run DFHS. I used to do the same with DFH when I did covers.

If you can't find one, it's not very hard to program your own map at all. At least with DFH it wasn't.

Moonlapse said:
He probably just wants to rip the drums off a Guitar Pro tab and have them run DFHS. I used to do the same with DFH when I did covers.

If you can't find one, it's not very hard to program your own map at all. At least with DFH it wasn't.

nailed it! just have to make one myself again

oh god dfh!!!! ive spent the last year trying to get it to work properly in cubase using lm4 aside from the fact that im new to cubase and midi sequencing the intructions that came with the cd run out halfway through, like step 4 and then nothing! So ive never been able to set up a drum map for it!!!! and then i think lm4 is gay. ill end up with 8 instances of lm4 when im trying to do something else grrr...
So if anyone has a drummap for DFH or a suggestion of how i should aproach cubase with it? would be appreciated.