Drumkit From Hell Superior question

Black neon bob said:
Yeah, how Fredrik obtains such a nice tone out of the POD XT is amazing! and the same goes for how he get's DFHS to sound like that as well...

On the DFHS disc, there are actual settings he used on these demos, but everytime i use those settings, i just can't seem to get the same result at all... very weird...
Yeah, with those settings you get a very brittle, thin snare and the toms don't sound like anything to write home about either. There's got to be something he left out.

However, I'm a big advocate of coming up with your own killer settings rather than mooching off someone else's presets, as hard as it can be.

I did a VERY low budget thing (yet very good musicians) and recorded 3 songs for the band Cromonic www.cromonic.com
There u can listen to the DFHS samplesin a real context.
I still like "the real thing" though...if you you have the money for it :)

Genius Gone Insane said:
Sounds pretty fucking good to me man!!

But really, its sounds very hard hitting and "bad" but no dynamics at all.
if you play to fast on only one tom for example it sound AK4 like so i really had to think how to play so it would sound quite normal.

Velocities / nudging / mic bleeds / note sizes and time.:) Using velocity randomizing helps. And just re-checking everything (velocities, a slight nudge here and there) helps Big Time. Then EQ'ing .... compression .... sitting everything in the mix...... it's FUN!!!!:dopey:

Good Luck man.