Drumkit from Hell Superior MP3s

Ola Englund

Only gay in the village
Dec 1, 2001
Stockholm, Sweden
www.olaenglund.com
I bought DFHS this friday and today I've been able to sit down and fool around with it. And this shit rocks!!! The leakage control is way awesome. You can cntrol almost everything. This is what I came up with:

1. Only drums. This was just an first test, this is the premier set with no EQ or effects whatsoever.
http://www.subcyde.com/audio/drums.aif

2. I made up this song this morning and this is also the premier set, with a hint of EQ(kick). Don't mind the guitars and bass(podxt). I mixed the drums a little higher just so that you can hear them good.
http://www.subcyde.com/audio/dfhstest.mp3

Just giving toontracks a big pat on their back for this product! Awesome stuff!!!

Well It seems a real drummer, ok you can hear that is not a human playing just listening to the grind section on the aif file, but I think that programming the velocity it's possible to have a really natural playing!
Really like the samples!! very good ones!
How much does it cost DKH Superior ???

Maurizio

You don't have to use as much velocity alterig since DFHS has a random function that uses different samples in the same velocity range for each hit, this means that the same sample will never be repeated twice in a row, pretty neat feature.
I've had DFHS for a while and it really does rock, allthough i am a bit skeptic about the kick samples...

Ah well, the kick is usually the easiest thing to replace anyway. Since the whole metal crew is fond of triggering and samples, all you need to do is rip the kick from your favourite metal albums and presto... great kick sound.

Or use one of the kicks from the original DFH which in my opinion sounds better, but then again that's because that one is heavily processed. With a bit of work you can get the ones in DFHS to sound good as well.

I have DFHS, DFH2, and DFH1...so far I'm still in LOVE with DFH1 for everything except the hats. The hats on DFHS/DFH2 are much better. Everything else though...I prefer the original for, the snare, kick, toms, overheads....everything just sounds better to me. Yep.

~006

Yeah I dig those samples. I got a killer kick sound sampled from some badass im not gonna say who. But I din't have as much luck finding a killer tom by its self in the mix. Does anyone have killer tom samples i could get!! hah The triggered sounds i overlayed on my sound are to fake sounding. I really would like something massive and real sounding.

ive just got DFH2, i would have preferred it if they bundled the libraries as .wav samples like DFH1 rather than .nki format that way i could have used a sequencer im familiar with rather than messing around with MIDI tracks etc.

DanAbela said:
ive been interested in either getting DFH or BFD for a while now, which one is better in terms of quallity of samples? and also has the best variety?

In terms of sound, DFHS destroys BFD. That said, DHFS is known for it's steep learning curve and it is a hog on resources. Better have at 1east 1.5 to 2.0 GB of RAM.

I love the entire DFH line. I have DFH, DFH Add-on, DFHS and DHFS Custom & Vintage. C&V isn't very metal sounding but nice to use for music that is more dynamic. Sounds great over clean and acoustic guitar parts.

DFHS also integrates well with my E-Kit. I am about to start using with drumagog but still waiting for the next drumagog update because I refuse to install a seperate software midi loopback.