Some Drumkit From Hell samples....

Kenny Lee

Oct 16, 2004
www.metallabs.com
Hello guys, this thread I guess is for all ya'll interested in which DFH library is right for you.
Here's three different kits
1. Is Tomas Haakes kit (Sonor) it's on my DFHS library-which uses the mic bleeding. I know it's also on DFH2, but I don't know what the sound is like because I do not have DFH2.
2. Is a Noble & Cooley kit found on DFH Custom & Vintage.
3. Is a kit we're currently using for our newer material. It's a mixture between DFHS kick, two cymbals two toms ||| C&V snare, hi hats, cymbals, and three toms.
And the last is the kit we use with EQ & McDsp comp and AC plug-ins on the kick ||| comp and HPF on the overheads ||| McDsp comp and EQ on snare plus a reverb send ||| no plug-ins on the Master buss.

Kit 1. D.F.H.S.

Kit 2. Custom & Vintage

Kit 3. A mix of both D.F.H.S. and C&V.

Here's the processed track.

Same midi-file, I changed the china just so you can hear other cymbals.

Dood... that's awesome! Good job! If I could get sounds that tight I would fire my drummer.

I just got the DFH Superior the other day myself and it is AMAZING. I used a erm, *ahem* borrowed copy of the original DFH previously, which was nice, but the DFH Superior (and I imagine the C&V since it's the same plugin?) is a big step up. So much flexibility and sounds more convincing and "alive" than anything I've used or heard previously. Now if I can just get a second amp (my rig is always at my band's practice space) I can start recording some new crazy stuff at home w/much better drum sounds.

Kenny Lee said:
Hello guys, this thread I guess is for all ya'll interested in which DFH library is right for you.
Here's three different kits
1. Is Tomas Haakes kit (Sonor) it's on my DFHS library-which uses the mic bleeding. I know it's also on DFH2, but I don't know what the sound is like because I do not have DFH2.
2. Is a Noble & Cooley kit found on DFH Custom & Vintage.
3. Is a kit we're currently using for our newer material. It's a mixture between DFHS kick, two cymbals two toms ||| C&V snare, hi hats, cymbals, and three toms.
And the last is the kit we use with EQ & McDsp comp and AC plug-ins on the kick ||| comp and HPF on the overheads ||| McDsp comp and EQ on snare plus a reverb send ||| no plug-ins on the Master buss.

Kit 1. D.F.H.S.

Kit 2. Custom & Vintage

Kit 3. A mix of both D.F.H.S. and C&V.

Here's the processed track.

Same midi-file, I changed the china just so you can hear other cymbals.

i clickedthe link ad the link to it was something with www.metallabs.com so . . . GORILLA ?!!?!?!

btw NICE !!!!

Moon, it may be but I'm sure if we heard the rest of the stuff on top it would work. I've heard of people doing that on purpose before to add to what they are looking for. Otherwise yeah it's got too much comp on the OH's, but if thats what you were going for then more power to ya. Yep.

~006

I have the original DFH and I've been eyeing DFHS for a while. The more I hear of it, the more I like it. Great clips! Isn't that a Meshuggah song??

Kazrog said:
I have the original DFH and I've been eyeing DFHS for a while. The more I hear of it, the more I like it. Great clips! Isn't that a Meshuggah song??

I thought it was a Mehuggah song too. Infact I'm 90% positive that it is.

Kazrog said:
Yeah...there's a file of it somewhere at toonrack. I listened to that mp3 and redid it. I'm just digging the kit I finally picked, because mixed with everything I use it sounds :OMG: WOW!
DW kicks ||| Black Beauty snare ||| DW/ Sonor/ Slingerland toms....4 cymbals each from DFHS and C&V and C&V Zildjian 14" hi hats

Personally i can't stand the DW kicks in dfhs, i use the sonor kick with felt beater. But most of the time i use samples from other places to mix with it, in fact (don't kill me for this) i use a kick from a kit you get with Garageband :)

Yeah...different taste. Practically everyone uses the Sonor kick. Since we have three projects we set up drum kits three totally different ways. This one/ another with the Noble & Cooley and the PRIMATE kit with Sonor kicks. Thats whats so cool about DFHS ...so many options!!!!

Kenny Lee said:
Yeah...different taste. Practically everyone uses the Sonor kick. Since we have three projects we set up drum kits three totally different ways. This one/ another with the Noble & Cooley and the PRIMATE kit with Sonor kicks. Thats whats so cool about DFHS ...so many options!!!!

Yeah i do the same thing only i always use the sonor kick but i blend it with different kicks depending on the music, sometimes i just blend it with klopfgeist in logic which is basically a oscilloscope, get a nice low note that suits the music and trigger that.