Some free drum samples

JGolden

Aug 29, 2009
Clermont, FL
Here are a few samples I took off a client's kit. The snare was terrible so all that made it was a high tom, low tom, and kick. Inside the zip file are soft, medium, and hard hits for the toms and just hard hits for the kick in WAV format. This is my first time attempting to take samples off a kit, so if they do suck I apologize for that ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1868665/Drum%20Samples.zip

yeah they are vey good for blending with other samples i wish there were more but our drummer is playing with high and low tom so this can work good for me thanks :D

You're welcome, and I wish there were more toms as well. The kit was a Tama Swingstar (pretty sure it's a cheap ass kit), and I miked the toms with a 57 about 2 inches off the head with a pair of Audix ADX51 overheads blended in. The kick was miked with an Audix D6 in the hole and a 57 on the batter head blended under it. There is some post-processing as well like EQ to get rid of odd resonances, light compression, and C4 multi-band clamping down on the boomy stuff. Glad you guys are enjoying them though!