Free Drum Samples Here!!!

John Haddad (Shiva Industries)

Dump Truck Repairs
Nov 17, 2005
Corona, CA
www.trenchstudio.com
I uploaded a 5 piece Tama Star Classic Drum Samples for you guys to play with, There is 2 kicks, about 9 snare samples of different velocities, and I didnt cut the toms, but the kicks and snares are cut. 10inch tom, 12 inch tom, and 16 Floor Tom samples all with numerous hit velocities. File size is about 22megs (Zip file for all you PC fanatics out there). My server might be on the slow side but hey good thing come to those who wait.

The samples are processed a bit but I like my drums on the real/raw side. Compression ratio doesnt usually exceed the 2:1 Ratio. And theres a bit of verb on snares and toms. ENJOY!!!

http://www.shivaindustries.com/zip/johnsamples.zip

You should toss it on http://Rapidshare.de or Megaupload.com then you don't have to worry about your bandwidth being used. And download speeds are pretty good, I've gotten 300kb/sec. Megaupload uploads for me faster generally.

Links last 30 days and there's no download limit.

Thank you very much! These sound excellent :)

I'm especially liking the snare sample which sounds, dare I say, a little in the St. Anger vein ;o With that little higher pitched clangggg to it. It's sounding very good in a full mix of fast stuff, articulate and clear :)

I've made some drumagog files from the samples, I'll post them soon.

Edit:

Here:

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3NA4DW0J61YUN1CEERYZCYH825

Inludes kick (2 samples), snare (1 sample), 10" tom (8 samples), 12" tom (10 samples), 16" tom (9 samples)

Enjoy ;)

One note though, the snare sample I used on the gog is just a single one, but it sounds pretty good anyways ;) I could make a second snare gog from the other samples on the package later on.

James Murphy said:
zips expand and open fine on Macs. :cool:

Yes James thanks! I know cause I use a mac and didnt want to throw up a sit file that a PC couldnt open, I havent used a PC for years, but I remember they didnt open sit files back then, so naturally I asumed they wouldnt now. Plus I didnt want to some how include myself in some Mac PC wars unknowingly.:headbang:

John Haddad (Shiva Industries) said:
Plus I didnt want to some how include myself in some Mac PC wars unknowingly.:headbang:

There you go then:

sits expand and open fine on PCs. :lol:

Thanks guys! I'll have an album session coming up here in a week or so. Maybe I can put more up here then, as I say you can never have enough samples.

Those samples were actually from an album I did for my band which I had to engineer my self, which in turn means that the tones could have come out much better than they did - cause I had to run in and out of the control room to set things up and have a person other than me hit the drums to set tone (him meaning not being a drummer and not striking the heads correctly, or compensating compression and eq settings). Its sucks that you cant always DO IT ALL properly when engineering your own stuff.