Help a brother out... fellow nuendo/cubase and DFHS users..

Jun 2, 2005
Right.. probably most retarded question of the day, but does anyone know where the MIDI files are saved once i have done a DFHS MIDI track?

See.. i got a couple, but i have no clue where they are saved on my PC.. i just need to find all my DFHS MIDI tracks, so i can import them into other projects..

Cheers! :kickass:

I think they are saved with-in your project file. My guess is you should just save a backup and then erases everything but the MIDI track from with in the project. This way you will have a templated project file for future work. Or you can simply Copy and paste from one project to another.

i dont have DFHS, but use DFH/Battery. As far as I know, you have to export the MIDI file as you would a regular audio track in order to import it into another session. If theres an easier way, I'd like to know though.

cheers man
Charlie

I'm pretty sure the MIDI info is embedded into the project file.

Isn't there an option to export MIDI under the file menu? Maybe I'm imagining things. If so though, just export it from the original project and import it where ever you want.

Otherwise, what I do is... I do all my writing in Cubase... so once I've got the song written, I'll just wipe any scratch audio tracks/channels I've done, leaving all the sequenced tracks and VSTis behind, and then create all new channels to start recording guitars 'n' shit properly with.

That doesn't really help if you want to import small parts into a project though I guess, rather than just bringing an entire drum track into a new project. I'm on the wrong computer to actually check what can be done in Cubase. :(

Aha...

Well that should the trick then guys.. i will look into these tips..

thanks for the quick replies here.. very helpfull! :kickass: