DI Comparison (digi002 vs. firepod)

88mph

manbearpig
Sep 26, 2008
We have an album, soon to be mixed and released. We recorded the guitars through digi 002 console for reamping. Then, I brought those recordings home to make a rough mix, so I could figure out how the final piece would sound like. So I tried a few plugins on guitar channels. But it seems that my presets on those plugins haven't got that much gain for the recordings. When I use those presets for my own recordings (through the firepod DI with the same guitar) it works fine and sounds good.

So, I want to know do you guys have any idea between those two interfaces' preamps. I know digi002 has Focusrite preamps and they're supposed to sound good. But simply, I don't like it...at all.

So, I want to know do you guys have any idea between those two interfaces' preamps. I know digi002 has Focusrite preamps and they're supposed to sound good. But simply, I don't like it...at all.

Well yes they're supposed to sound good because there's written Focurite but in the end they sound like focusrite at all lol

EDIT I meant "they don't sound like focusrite at all" ;p