DI Fidelity Test (clips inside)

I had a feeling your opinion would flip on monitors, Fragle. The first clip immediately sounds more edgy and bright, so a playback system which is inherently scooped (taking away the low-mid honk) and lacking in detail would make one think it's just more aggressive.

Ok so now the obvious answer has been confirmed by Ermz. I can say, it was an eye opening test for sure.

While the difference wasn't night and day, all the little things that were annoying in just one track would cause some mega issue if used for keys/ bass/ guits etc. on an album.

Lucky for me, I'm getting the Multiface and Safe Sound soon haha! Then we shall see some uber DI going on!

I think the Bass will shine the real light on all of this. When we tracked the DI's the high pass was so neccessary because the millenia just had this ridiculous transparency in the lowend that would be suited perfectly for Bass tracking, as Ermins untruth mix will show where the Firebox got stuffy and just nulled out the lows.

This little things that may seem ok at first, can quickly open your eyes to the issue you will face when in the middle of a full mix of numerous tracks.

I look forward to my gear upgrade! :)

2 Is smoother and more refined...but I should have listened to them before knowing the answers.