Diablo III

Well, the way I see it it's not about paying your way to good gear but rather trading the awesome gear you find that is incompatible with your char for similar or even better gear that you can actually use.

BTW

GG Diablo on Inferno, finally :devil:

diablo.jpg

Congrats. My Wizard is fairly useless beyond Act 1 even still, with 53k dps, 30k health and 6.4k armor.

The standard mobs in act 3 are quite easy, but as soon as an elite pack show up it's graveyard central.

Just got it 3 days ago and wow this game is definitely better than swtor or WoW , in fact I think this is probably the best PC game i've ever played! I'm already level 29 and it doesnt't get boring like swtor would.

Congrats. My Wizard is fairly useless beyond Act 1 even still, with 53k dps, 30k health and 6.4k armor.

The standard mobs in act 3 are quite easy, but as soon as an elite pack show up it's graveyard central.

Well to be honest I die a ton in act III and IV. I haven't even finished most of the quests there since I get 1-shot all the time. With a half-decent dps and smoke screen spam I could get to Shadow Realm but there the clone does ridiculous damage and I don't have the dps to kill him before smoke screen and preservation run out so I asked an insane barb to help me. The dude had a billion strength and all resist...it was almost funny how fast he took Diablo's health down. He died whenever he didn't get enough crit shots, though.

What class is everyone rolling these days? I must've toyed around with the 'wrong' class to leave a bitter taste in my mouth. I've been playing with a Witch Doctor this whole time and It's meh...

It's all about the gear and choosing your battles (i.e. not rushing to parts you're not ready for). Whenever you end up in the difficulty and area you are meant for the game is so awesome, you get that epic feeling of power and it's just great fun smashing through everything with AoE. Then a a single wasp one-shots you in Act II inferno and you're thinking "wtf is this crap".

That said, you gotta try different classes. I had about 70 hours on my Barb when I leveled up a DH as well although I was a bit skeptical before starting but the fact is it totally fit my playstyle, I love the insane mobility the DH offers and now I can't/don't want to play anything else.

After 1.3, with the attack speed nerf I dropped about 20k DPS, and my hydra no longer pulls in health. So basically blizzard have now, for the 2nd time, broken my character build.

I was hoping after they made Acts 2+ a bit more sane it would make the game playable, but the patch actually did the complete opposite. It's actually provided good incentive to uninstall the game and get back to work!

I really lost interest in this game after the first month of playing. Because of the auction house Diablo 3 is just all about gold farming. The charm of finding better items like in D2 is completely gone. It is nearly impossible to succeed in inferno without using the AH. Even if you find a somewhat good piece of armor there will always be a better one in the AH.
In Diablo 2 and other games of this genre you kept playing the game because it was fun to kill the bosses since there was always a chance to get a better item as a reward. I don't see the point in playing the game after you hit level 60 here. At this time you already played through the whole storyline 3 times and farming gold for hours to be able to survive in inferno act 2-4 with items you didn't even find by yourself is not what I call fun.

/rantover

I am looking forward to play Guild Wars 2 now (two weeks left 'till launch). It seems like it will keep up to its hype unlike Diablo 3.... Hopefully. :)

The game gets so hideously boring in inferno, Jan is correct is saying the auction house is the single biggest reason this game is unplayable now.

Don't get me wrong, its a fantastic game and the story was gripping but a little bit more thought from blizzard and less rushing could have made it better.

I play one game with a real cash economy.
The correct way to play these games is to recognize the top players as either very lucky ones and very dumb ones and to not try to be like them.

The lucky group spent as much as you but looted something great - "luck" is not what you can change, so there is no reason to chase this group.

The dumb group threw like 10000 USD at the game to become as good as the lucky group - if you have at least half of a brain, you would spend that money on some much better entertainment or invest it to make more money, so there is also no reason to chase this group.

Just enjoy the game at your level and gain experience and equipment at your pace.

Played about 160hours so far. Was stuck in act1 inferno for soooooo long. Could farm act1 pretty easy but of course no good loot on god knows on how many runs. Bought 8million gold from farm-site when i had enough haha, got some nice gear and know im farming act2 pretty easy. But as ppl have been saying since the release the loot is so freakin bad. I think i've looted 1 good ring but that's it. And ppl are so greedy asking ridiculous prices in AH for crappy gear so its quite impossible to proceed playing casual. I guess wiith the new patch things will become easier but on the other hand once i can farm act3-4 i think i will lose interest for good.

I've never invested real money in my characters, in fact I got a few hundred euro out of the game. You just need to understand and be able to trade on the auction house which is something I absolutely love doing but the majority of the players hate this.

Also, a lot of people fail to realize that D2's Hell is not D3's Inferno, it's D3's ... have you figured this out yet .. yes it's D3's Hell, which you can without a doubt clear without ever opening the AH and which you can get tons of upgrades for your character if you haven't relied on the AH. Inferno was demanded by players as endgame for the pros and the really dedicated players but now every casual player thinks he's entitled to being able to clear it, even though he sucks at the game and/or hasn't spent nearly enough time farming for items. BTW, two people cleared Inferno on Hardcore a month after release, and the hardcore auction house didn't have a bunch of easy-inferno gear, so the argument that you can't do it without the AH on softcore is just plain wrong.

Another thing people fail to realize is that if the game dropped awesome, near-perfect items more often and there are still no ladder resets, everyone will have them and consequently there will be nothing special about having those items which will make searching for loot more meaningless, not to mention the whole market collapsing.

I'm not saying Blizzard didn't mess up, but one of their biggest mistakes seem to be that they listened to some of the ideas of their fans, who want something and then bitch about it when they get it (ex. very hard 4th difficulty). Blizzard fans sometime remind me of clients who don't know what they are asking you to do to the mix and then blaming you when they don't like it.