Diabolical Masquerade

Liza The Lizard

New Metal Member
Oct 5, 2004
I really interested in details of Dan Swano's work in this incredible project
Guys, it's the most beautiful black i've ever heard!!
I know that Dan took a part in engeneering and producing the album of 1995 and 1998 (my favorite ones!!!), wrote all (or some?) keyboard parties, sometimes when I'm listening it seems that I hear his voice (my lovely voice:) )...
I think that's all I know:))))
What else? :))))

Death's Design...... hands down.

Swano sings and there are a few solos that sound Swano-esque.

I don´t sing anything on Death´s Design as far as I can remember... allt the clean stuff is Blakkie....I like piece os Deaths Design and bits of Nightwork the best, there are some killer moments on all DM albums...maybe a best of is in order???

Dan Swanö said:
I don´t sing anything on Death´s Design as far as I can remember... allt the clean stuff is Blakkie....I like piece os Deaths Design and bits of Nightwork the best, there are some killer moments on all DM albums...maybe a best of is in order???

I like Blakkies clean vocals on DD a lot. But your high pitch vocals on the other album also rule! :headbang:

Well I didn't like (maybe didnt understand) Death Design at all - ffeeeeee...
But Nightwork is the best!!
Hey Dan - your hand was recognized during the listetning :)

There are only few albums I've heard where every song becomes a favorite one/

Especialy...."God,...is it really you, God?....." - "WWRRRRRRRA-WWWWWRRRA-WWRRRA"
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahah. That part is incredible. I like the "OUT OF MY WAY, WRETCHED HUMAN." It's fun to say while playing online games. ^__^

Lefthander said:
Who knows-where possibly to get ALL lyrics on Nightwork??????

It would be soooo cool...........

OK, I'll see, maybe I have them on MP3 CD with the albums,
Any way I think there are a lot of them in I-net!

Heard Nightworks and Phantom Lodge yesterday, really great bm.. Phantom Lodge actually reminded me musically a lot of Burzum, while Nightworks was definitely a unique experience.

Uh, did I hear right, or were there some STEEEEEEEL-type screams on Hater?

Uh, did I hear right, or were there some STEEEEEEEL-type screams on Hater?[/QUOTE]

What did you mean as steeel?

Liza The Lizard said:
Uh, did I hear right, or were there some STEEEEEEEL-type screams on Hater?

What did you mean as steeel?

Steel was a short-lived power metal band that featured Opeth's members of that time (1998 or so, I think?) and Dan on vocals.. the vocals aren't quite like anything Dan's done before, it's these mad high pitched falsetto screams. A very funny listen, if you manage to find it on p2p or something.. I think the original EP has been out of print for years already, and is probably a costly collector's item nowadays.