Diabolical Masquerade

I've yet to purchase this album....(my head is hung in shame), but I did recently purchase October Tide. Great album that is as well.

Keltoi said:
I've yet to purchase this album....(my head is hung in shame), but I did recently purchase October Tide. Great album that is as well.

I wouid love a October Tide album. I wish someone wouid rerelease them as when i have tryed to order off distro and sites i get a email back saying no stock.

Heliotropic_Rose said:
what makes ravendusk....not so great?

I meant not so great IMO.
it's a matter of taste really...I simply liked the other DM albums better.
In any case I own a copy (and went through hell to get it).

this is directed at Unicorn too

Bleak Eyes said:
Every Diabolical Masquerade album is fantastic. I wish that Anders would bring it back, or do another project similar in the future.

It's not only Blakkheim's project...it's also a Swanö project
I think the problem is none of them wants to growl...Dan stopped growling because it ruins his voice and Anders probably has a good reason of his own.
but the fact is I haven't heard Anders growl all that much...besides Diabolical Masquerade of course

Of course, Swanö is very important for DM, but he's not the main force in it. I don't think it will be a huge problem for Anders to run this project himself... And from what I've heard so far, he really wants to bring it back.

Aprilhäxan said:
Of course, Swanö is very important for DM, but he's not the main force in it. I don't think it will be a huge problem for Anders to run this project himself... And from what I've heard so far, he really wants to bring it back.
perhaps you're right and besides getting to work with Swanö I believe is not a very big problem for Anders especially since they play currently in bloodbath together and Dan can still do guitars and drums and keyboards and whatever he can do some clean vocals like on Death's Design he just won't won't growl. if Anders wants to bring DM back and is prepared to growl I see a new DM coming out in late 2007 possibly early 2008.
I would love to hear a new DM.

paradoxile said:
perhaps you're right and besides getting to work with Swanö I believe is not a very big problem for Anders especially since they play currently in bloodbath together and Dan can still do guitars and drums and keyboards and whatever he can do some clean vocals like on Death's Design he just won't won't growl. if Anders wants to bring DM back and is prepared to growl I see a new DM coming out in late 2007 possibly early 2008.
I would love to hear a new DM.

Blakkheim did the clean vocals on Death's Design.

didn't Blakkheim said that the DM spirits left him?

Unicorn said:
Blakkheim did the clean vocals on Death's Design.

didn't Blakkheim said that the DM spirits left him?

I'm pretty sure some of the clean vocals are Swanö's...it's not hard to recognize Dan's clean singing, especially with all those Nightingale and Unicorn CD's lying around
The löw deep clean vöcals that sound like Swanö can't be BlaKKheim's.

Yeah, the reason that Anders buried Diabolical Masquerade was because they were working on the new album for such a long time, and he felt that the spirits were not present because of it dragging out. That is cool that you have heard that Anders was thinking about bringing it back. Where did you hear that from?