Diamond Plate record release show Aug 19th

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Diamond Plate are having thier album release show at Reggies on August 19th friday night.

High Spirits ( chicago )

Lich King (MA)

Vindicator (OH)

and
Terror in his Presence

Nice to see some thought actually go into a show for once and not just the headliner with locals tossed on. This should be a good time.

Last edited by a moderator:
See you there! I just saw doors are at 5:30. That's a pretty early show.

I will believe it when I see the doors open at 5:30 at Reggies. I do hope so because I dont want to be there until 2AM like normal. It is going to be a great show. I saw Vindicator last month and they were really good and High Spirits are great as well. Diamond Plate are also pretty good. Very good live.

Tonight proved all my theroies correct. Show started a little after 5:30....ON TIME. Show was done at 10:40. Guess what....people stayed the whole time and not leaving since it was going to late like all other shows at Reggies as of late. Plus even with 5 bands they kept the sets short and inbetween setups moving quick so there was really no lulls the whole night. At the most packed moment of the show I would easily say about 200 tonight. I was really shocked with the turnout myself. But it was a solid line up of local and out of town bands so it made it kind of a special show. Not just Diamond Plate and 5 locals.

I saw 1 song of the first band. Very generic thrash and the singer kept begging people to mosh. Lame.

Vindicator was up next. I saw them last month and I think they are a better band in a small place like a Cafe Lura or Red Line Tap. They just seem like another generic thrash act on the big stage. Not bad but nothing I would ever run out and buy but a band I dont mind watching live.

Lich King was up next. They have a few disc out on Stormspell and I have seen there stuff around for years. I listened to a few songs online in the past and it was pretty standard thrash with humourous lyrics. The drummer looked about 10 years old and the singer was kind of a douchebag complaining that too many people we just standing there and sitting on the sides. They were good live. People were really getting into them and they had a big pit the whole set. They did a lackluster cover of "The Four Horsemen"

High Spirits were up next. They were the oddball out of the night but the reason I came to this show. This had to be one of the best shows I have seen them play. Total high energy and they really won the crowd over. Even after thier set I heard one of the bartenders asking who that was because she really liked them. They played 2 new songs of the new CD that just came out and then the standard songs they usually play live. As always they are a total blast live and everyone up front was going nuts.

Diamond Plate came up next and they had a big lighting set up and fog machine. They even had a big intro and came out and tore up the place for an hour and 10 minutes. I think they are a really good band that deserves this huge break but thier songs kind of go nowhere at times. The crowd was going apeshit for them. I think they even themselves were shocked when they came out and saw everyone there for them. People were singing along and chanting and stuff. They played like veterans up on stage.

It was nice since the show got out at 10:40. The only downside was the near flash mob we got caught in going to the train. We rushed up to the platform to get caught in the middle of a after brawl where the police stopped the already packed train and were grabbing people who were involved. They had like 12 people in handcuffs. This stalled us leaving. It was a long packed hot train ride home but well worth it from this fun show.
Jason....you missed out.