summer shows.....

have to pass on Noble Beast. With the Pride Parade starting in my neighborhood on the morning after that show most of the two big streets are going to have no parking on saturday and sunday so it is going to be twice as bad to park after it. I want to see the show but not worth looking for a spot to park at 3 am in the morning.

I gotta see Noble Beast. Who else is going?

House of Atreus is playing Livewire on June 22nd. I'm thinking about going to that one.

It'll be a last minute decision for me. It's the night before Septicflesh, and I've heard less than stellar things about the venue. Plus, show gets out at 2am.

Daaaaaamn!!!
Didn't know you felt that way about those two bands.

I think musically those bands are fine.
I just can't get into the "metal is my life" lyrics from bands like this.

Though from what I have heard from the newest Skull Fist, it sounds like they dropped that a bit lyrically.
They're just kind of boring. I liked 'em the first time I heard 'em (back when the new wave of Trad Metal was just getting rolling) but all those fucking Toronto bands sound the same. When one or two members quit/gets kicked from Skull Fist, they just go and start a new band that sounds exactly the same. That's how Axxion and Midnight Malice got rolling. I'll get into like one or two songs, and then I sit there trying to pick out which old songs the riffs were lifted from. They're all good performers and they're entertaining, but I see 'em once, then I'm done with 'em.

Last weekend I saw Striker, Midnight Malice, Gatekrashor and band from Quebec. Gatekrashor were Road Warriors to everyone else's Peter Pan + lost boys. I dunno. Striker are cool. They keep going more hard rock with every release, but they've got possibly the best new singer in Canada right now and they're not stupid and ironic about everything. All these other bands just sound kinda wimpified to me.

Maybe I'm just an asshole.

DOTD, Alehorn, and Midnight are the only shows on my current radar. I am a broke motherfucker with no job at the moment until the school semester starts back up again. Then I get dem fat stacks. Might go to a few other shows, like that Akashah/Behexen show, but probably not.