Hammers of Misfortune / Gates of Slumber - Reggies july 18th

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
another summer show to check out. July 18th at Reggies Wednesday night.

While I really like HOM live show at Alehorn a few years ago they seem to have slipped in quality. The new disc had a couple good songs. Nothing will beat "The Locust Years". Pretty much fantastic from start to finish. I think since when Mike Scalzi left they changed to go in more of a different direction. I like some of the newer stuff but I prefer "The Locust years" and "The August Engine".
I am sure Bible of the Devil will some how get on this show as well or Indian.

here is one of the better songs from the new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other day I listened to The August Engine for the first time in a while. It's still a pretty killer album. Locust Years was ok but nothing great. After that they turned into some kind of '70s AOR soft rock band.

I'll weigh in the opposite - I think 17th Street shows an upswing for the band. I never hated Church/Fields so I think the new one is an improvement no matter what - whether a "comeback" or just another great album. The show out here is July 25. They're playing right next door to Agalloch on the same night, so I might be able to catch Hammers and then walk 50 feet to the next building to see Agalloch.