Di'Anno era Maiden has aged better than Dickinson era

JonnyD said:
Remember My alegence to Blaze runs strong ... I didnt "Get In to" maiden till he was the singer .... He certainly was the caliber to sing for maiden it was Fickle fans that ruined that era ..... now one thing to consider which nobody seems to ever do ... when Rob left priest they went and found a clone ... Maiden didnt... Blaze is a better singer than Bruce ... there is none of the harsh peaks .... with that said this is just my opinion But to say he isnt the caliber is just unfair and full of shit IMO ... and another thing that is solely My Opinion is that Xfactor is a great record ... the music is well played and the lyrics very deep and His vocals are filled with emotion and feeling ... I will fight for this opinion till the end of time so dont even bother to argue it with me :D

Edit: Sorry Sick Boy I hadnt had my Med yet .... :wave:

I've seen both Bruce and Bland... err... Blaze live, and Blaze isn't fit to wash Bruce's dirty underwear! Blaze had ZERO stage presence, couldn't sing the classic songs with a gun to his head, and just plain sucked... and, Maiden being one of my all-time favourite bands, I WANTED to like him, I really did, but he was just SO much ass, I couldn't! Bruce, on his worst day, is 1000000000000000000 times the singer Blaze WISHES he could be!

I know we disagree, but it just had to be said! No hard feelings, eh? ;)

Cheers!
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I fell in love with all the Maiden album covers long before I ever heard a single song sung by anyone. So I guess Eddie is my Maiden hero :)

The S/T is the best and always will be the best, for me anyway. There is no question of my devotion to Bruce. He is Iron Maiden, but I just like the first album best!

~metal_maiden~ said:
I love both Bruce and Paul... I just love Brue better. :D I love Paul's vocals on the first two albums and I don't think anyone could sing those songs better than him, not even Bruce. He did his part in the band and he did a great job. :headbang: However... IBruce is my favourite Maiden vocalist... he's my favourite vocalist in general... and he made the Blaze songs sound better, too.

I don't think anything I just said made sense... cuz I don't know what I just typed... so if it's nonsense, just ignore it.
makes sense to me.....but then again, i'm like the only person that understands you, anyway. :loco:

Apparently I have been told .... though I never said anything invovlving Blaze singing Bruce songs better ... I have never been a Bruce Whorshiper I dont think he is that great Dianno is better even on his worse day which is pretty bad ... and I like my Steerno taste good with a can of Raid .. My Opinion is wrong I know that now doesnt mean I'm gonna change it ......

Clammy said:
I know we disagree, but it just had to be said! No hard feelings, eh? ;)

Cheers!
naw it didnt really have to be said since ppl do get great joy out of pointing out how much they think Blaze sucks and how wrong I am for liking His Music ...... but no I'm not gonna be a crybaby ofcourse theres no Hard feelings.... I will get over it

One mans Trash can is anothers Treasure chest

Pabla said:
Seriously though, I have no love or respect for Paul...he is always talking shit about Maiden and at the same time doing their songs...go figure! :err: As to the albums that he did w/the mighty Maiden, yes they are classics but I wouldn't mind them being re-done with Bruce's vox :loco:

Sorry Pabla, but there's a bad idea if I've ever heard one. :)

JonnyD said:
when Rob left priest they went and found a clone ... Maiden didnt...

Ripper may be the clone, but he really delivered the goods... ;)

Blaze is a better singer than Bruce ... there is none of the harsh peaks .... with that said this is just my opinion But to say he isnt the caliber is just unfair and full of shit IMO ...

I'm not being full of shit. Blaze just hasn't the range Bruce has and he was really struggling with the higher parts... Bruce is IMO one of the best interpreters I ever heard, even on his worst days he can get away with that, because he's so convincing. And yeah, as Clammy said, Blaze has zero stage presence compared to Bruce...

Edit: Sorry Sick Boy I hadnt had my Med yet .... :wave:

It would be about time, I'm afraid... ;)

JonnyD said:
naw it didnt really have to be said since ppl do get great joy out of pointing out how much they think Blaze sucks and how wrong I am for liking His Music ...... but no I'm not gonna be a crybaby ofcourse theres no Hard feelings.... I will get over it

One mans Trash can is anothers Treasure chest

Nah, I don't get any joy out of it. I really DO wish Blaze had been a great Maiden singer... sadly, to me, he wasn't. Also, I don't think you're "wrong" for liking Blaze... music is completely in the ear of the beholder. My ears just hate Blaze as the singer for Iron Maiden!

Cheers!

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
If someone does that to him he might start singing almost like Dickinson or Blaze or maybe even Halford if his balls get obliterated lol ... :tickled:
I hear you there. It's really hard to beleive that Paul can't get a handful of "well known & established" musicians & do an "original" project? Is he that damn lazy?! He's got to be the most underachieving singer of the last 20 plus years...:tickled:

SickBoy said:
Ripper may be the clone, but he really delivered the goods... ;)
and yes your right Ripper did Old priest quite well I saw them twice with him and they rocked both times and even when I saw priest with Rob Halford I found myself wanting to hear rippers screams :) so I wasnt actually dissin Ripper I was dissing preist themselves for a lack of originality ... as I have mentioned before if it wasnt for Rippers Vocals I wouldnt have gotten into priest

JonnyD said:
My Opinion is wrong I know that now doesnt mean I'm gonna change it ......
Your opinion is not wrong, just different. Just because 99% here dislike Blaze and you don't, doesn't makes you wrong. There's not right or wrong in UMOS just difference in opinions. :wave:

Wyvern said:
Your opinion is not wrong, just different. Just because 99% here dislike Blaze and you don't, doesn't makes you wrong. There's not right or wrong in UMOS just difference in opinions. :wave:
its hard to be in the 1% sometimes hahahaha :loco: but a very unique perspective indeed :D

JonnyD said:
its hard to be in the 1% sometimes hahahaha :loco: but a very unique perspective indeed :D

I would definately say NOT 99% :loco: there is a few of us that quite ENJOY Blaze...I did like the work he did with Maiden, I must say again that I find the X Factor an amazing album, but I just cannot rank Blaze above Bruce. :)

Greeno said:
Sorry Pabla, but there's a bad idea if I've ever heard one. :)

:lol: I know, most people seem to think so, but that's just a personal "whim" of mine to just think what it would be like w/Bruce on studio vox for the first IM albums...BTW, Bruce did record "Wrathchild" studio version and it sounds DAMNED GOOD!