Di'Anno era Maiden has aged better than Dickinson era

sixxswine said:
I hear you there. It's really hard to beleive that Paul can't get a handful of "well known & established" musicians & do an "original" project? Is he that damn lazy?! He's got to be the most underachieving singer of the last 20 plus years...:tickled:

I'm no fan of Paul's voice but yeah if he got some decent musicians he probably could of made a good solo career especially with the resurrection of metal after years of it being in decline... Paul's voice always sounded "Punk" to me on those first 2 Maiden albums. and even though i like punk rock.. to me punk vocals doesnt fit too well in metal.... I just dont see the appeal of Paul's voice on them :yuk:

Wyvern said:
Your opinion is not wrong, just different. Just because 99% here dislike Blaze and you don't, doesn't makes you wrong. There's not right or wrong in UMOS just difference in opinions. :wave:

Damn right.. there is no right or wrong just opinion and damnit its not LAW LoL .... :loco:

Pabla said:
:lol: I know, most people seem to think so, but that's just a personal "whim" of mine to just think what it would be like w/Bruce on studio vox for the first IM albums...BTW, Bruce did record "Wrathchild" studio version and it sounds DAMNED GOOD!

Well I guess im the only one on this forum that agrees with ya kiddo lol I do feel Bruce does the Paul era songs better.. when i first heard Bruce on Live After Death it blew me away and still does.. he is truely a metal voice much like Halford is while Paul like i stated earlier sounds "Punk" to me... I would buy it in a second if Bruce did a studio version of the first 2 albums... :headbang:

I myself actually have never listened to Maiden with PAul, other then Wrathchild and Women in Uniform. I didn't really like it, and that might have been i never really listened to it and it was different from Bruce. Those two videos are on Visions of the Beast. :headbang:
But I love Blaze...hes an awesome singer. In my opinion Afraid to Shoot Strangers was better done with Blaze. Virtual XI was awesome. I also really like his solo stuff.

Paul tried a bit to make somehting better but in vain. For the tenth anniversary of NWOBHM, the guys from Praying Mantis, plus Dennis Stratton (Maiden original guitar with Dave Murray), joint with Paul for a live album:

liveatla.jpg

http://praying-mantis.com/mantis/liveatla.shtml

If I were have been Paul at the time I would have joint PM, but he left (Dennis stayed up to this day) to have some mediocre bands (Killers, Battlezone, Dianno) that never lift and live presentations filled with Maiden stuff.
Even in a couple of Maiden tributes with guys from the NWOBHM:

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00000J80W/701-0840530-4914749

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=1209788&sourceid=1500000000000000147600

Dianno shows just to sing his songs, too much living in the past I insist.

I gotta say that Bruce will always be my "iron maiden" because I grew up with him. Paul was a little before my time...before I knew maiden...but I love the first 2 albums...Paul has a sort of "gravel" quality to his voice that i like but nowhere near the range of Dickinson...I liked Blaze, too, in defense of Johnny D. Because I think VIRTUAL XI is a great album...FUTUREAL is one of my favorite maiden tracks! just me...

Pabla said:
I would definately say NOT 99% :loco: there is a few of us that quite ENJOY Blaze...I did like the work he did with Maiden, I must say again that I find the X Factor an amazing album, but I just cannot rank Blaze above Bruce. :)
Thanks Pabla! :) X-Factor is an amazing album far better than Virtual IMO tho there were some greats on that to, but what made the X so great was not only Blaze singing But Steve Harris's Bass Playing it was a great Bass album :D

tedvanfrehley said:
I gotta say that Bruce will always be my "iron maiden" because I grew up with him. Paul was a little before my time...before I knew maiden...but I love the first 2 albums...Paul has a sort of "gravel" quality to his voice that i like but nowhere near the range of Dickinson...I liked Blaze, too, in defense of Johnny D. Because I think VIRTUAL XI is a great album...FUTUREAL is one of my favorite maiden tracks! just me...
Thanks Ted! :)