Did COB really say these things?

The_Isle

Jun 11, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Frequenting a chinese rock forum, I came across a post saying that apparently awhile ago COB said something inflammatory against the chinese during a live Japanese concert, I obviously don't know whether this is true or not. The thread is probably just spinning something out of proportion, and it mentions confirmation found on the official COB site which I can't find anywhere.

Was there a thread in the COB forums that got deleted? If there was any such occurence can someone explain the context behind it?

Thanks.

Frequenting a chinese rock forum, I came across a post saying that apparently awhile ago COB said something inflammatory against the chinese during a live Japanese concert, I obviously don't know whether this is true or not. The thread is probably just spinning something out of proportion, and it mentions confirmation found on the official COB site which I can't find anywhere.

Was there a thread in the COB forums that got deleted? If there was any such occurence can someone explain the context behind it?

Thanks.

Unless you were at that particular show when CoB allegedly made those remarks, then you'll never know for certain. But I mean, logically, if you can't find any proof, especially where they say there is some to be found, then it's prolly not true.

First off, all bands tend to say things against a certain regions "rival" or just generic things like:

"Are you gonna let ____ be better than you?? Scream louder and show us you can kick _____'s ass!"

It's all about getting the crowd hyped up and making the experience better. It really means nothing. Also, the CoB guys are EXTREMELY fucking nice, I can't imagine them saying anything "inflammatory" about a country/race of people.

So yeh, I can say for sure, but I wouldn't put too much credibility into these claims. I hope this was helpful

Yea, they wouldn't make a stink out of it unless it was something really offensive, in this case the post in question goes something along the lines of "COB says to kill all chinese at a live concert in Japan!".
Now to be sure chinese people are apt to fabricate stories like this because of how much they hate japanese people, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were utterly false. Still, I am asking if anyone knows of any remark or event from which this rumour might've been spun from.

Have there been any threads about this?

Yea, they wouldn't make a stink out of it unless it was something really offensive, in this case the post in question goes something along the lines of "COB says to kill all chinese at a live concert in Japan!".
Now to be sure chinese people are apt to fabricate stories like this because of how much they hate japanese people, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were utterly false. Still, I am asking if anyone knows of any remark or event from which this rumour might've been spun from.

Have there been any threads about this?

First off, who says Chinese and Japanese hate eachother, aren't they on good terms nowadays? Secondly, I will personally vouch right now and say any member CoB would never say that, even if very fucking drunk... maybe as a joke but even then that's just unbelievable. I just cannot imagine that.

And no I'm not aware of any thread, but use the search function instead of asking people, it will yield better results much faster. And maybe Webmaster can shed some light on this but if I were you I wouldn't waste my time believing this, it's most likely pure bullshit.

Yes. I did use the search function, on this forum and also with the COB official site as the domain, and didn't yield anything.

I don't really believe it either, and I'll take your word for it, though I would like to see if anyone else has anything to share.

though I don't know much about COB much they dont seem to me to be people who'd say something like this, so in the meantime I'll just chalk this up to typical chinese paranoia.

As for chinese and japanese being on good terms nowadays, this is very much untrue of the current internet generation in China who have a rabid, compulsive dislike of anything japanese.

As far as i remember, the thread starter said like "if webmaster delete this thread, i consider cob confirm the rumor is true." or something.
i have japan bootlegs, but i've never heard of such things.
if they have exact date and if i have the bootleg of that day, i will check it.

It's easy when somebody starts a rumour here and says that it must be true if the thread gets closed or deleted. I can't give an official statement but it's not necessary everytime there's a rumour about some crap.

The whole thing is probably just a misunderstanding. Maybe something was bad translated. Come on, why should COB say that and piss off lots of people with that?

It's easy when somebody starts a rumour here and says that it must be true if the thread gets closed or deleted. I can't give an official statement but it's not necessary everytime there's a rumour about some crap.

The whole thing is probably just a misunderstanding. Maybe something was bad translated. Come on, why should COB say that and piss off lots of people with that?

Totally agreee!
The only thing that I've heared in the show is "fucking greatest audience".

Reactions: COBHC Webmaster
I LOVE COB,and i am a chinese handbanger.
but i can believe or accept that cob have said those shitty words.
If they really said,just let them try
if they didnt,i fuck that rumourer