Did Kontos or Hoglan ever play live with Testament?

Tharsh

Mar 30, 2003
I know Kontos recorded "Rapid Fire" for the Priest tribute but was that all he ever did with the band? Any live gigs?

Same for Gene Hoglan...did he get to play live or just bail after the "Demonic" sessions? I remember reading an interview where Chuck and Eric were pissed that he told them he was taking off but I don't remember if this was before they'd had a chance to play or what...

Yeah, Kontos played dates with the guys on the Low tour. I saw him in Corona at the Showcase when Low came out or around that time. Can't quite remember the exact date but it was a killer show. It was Greg's b-day that night and they brought out a stripper to tease him. Haaaa, haaaa! Not sure if Hoglan ever played with them live. Maybe on the Demonic tour or at the Dynamo in 98'. Does that help at all? Hope so.

JFDiscord, thanks for that confirmation...but when you saw Chris on the LOW tour was James Murphy playing guitar? Also, did Jon Dette do LOW dates after or before Chris?

As for Gene Hoglan dunno...but I know Jon Dette did part of (if not all) of the DEMONIC tour...

Are You Kidding Me Tharsh???

I Saw Kontos Play Drums At Two Testament Shows..i Beleive Coal Chamber Was Oepning For Them In La..then I Drove To San Fran The Next Day To See The Show.

So The Answer Is Yes! And It Was On The Low Tour!

Tharsh,

Yeah Murphy played that night. Did a good job but was having tech difficulties. As for Dette, if I recall correctly, he came on after Kontos left. Hard to rememebr cause it was a while ago. Hope that helps. Best part was when they played All I Could Bleed cause that was my favorite song off the album.

Did James, Greg and Jon Dette finish touring for LOW or did any of them bail before that whole period was done? Perry Strickland filled in for a Halloween show around this time right?

I know that James had probs with the guys due to his tumor that was undected at that time and I think they let him go. Acting all crazy and stuff. I know Greg finished out the tour. I think they then got Glen Avelais to fill in the rest of the dates. They then Dette sometime time but not sure???? I am sure that TL would know all this fun stuff or DE would too. Sorry I can't be more help Tharsh. Speaking of Greg what is he doing now that he is out of Pushed?

Im not sure if Hoglan toured w/ Testament, but he did a play a few live shows with Testament.

I saw Testament in NYC during the Demonic tour. Strapping Young Lad and Boiler Room played w/ Testament. Hoglan did a set w/ SYL and Testament that night.

Edit- Oh yea, and Derek Ramirez joined too that night. It was a classic. Testament pretty much played everything off Legacy that night.

As for Hoglan, I'm pretty sure Eric said not so long ago that they'd tried to have him play during Jon Allen's "hard times". Eric said that one of the reasons was the fact that he did a record with them, but never had the chance to play live.
As for Dette and Kontos, I believe Chris came in after Jon...or before him and then again after he left. I assume so, because Chris was supposed to be a part of Dog Faced Gods, which was way after the Low tour. Jon would return for the Demonic tour and some part of The Gathering tour (pre- Steve Jacobs), but I'm not sure. Try to check some of the fan sites.

I think Jon played almost (?) the whole Low tour. He was with T in Poland at the end of 1996- that's for sure and then went to Slayer (1996). [I read somewhere that he was three times in the band (1994-1996, 1997-1998, 1999)]. Then Chris was introduced and recorded "Rapid fire" and the first version of "New Eyes of old" and DFG were formed by Chuck, Eric and Chris, but there was some misunderstanding and they got rid of Chris and Hoglan and Ramirez came in

In Atlanta on the Demonic tour, Strapping Young Lad opened. Gene came out in the middle of Testament's set and played one song from Demonic. Can't remember which one it was though.

So i get up and head to one of my part time job( i ve 2 and a full time) and i put on my new shirt that sez THARSH EATS BALLS , thanks Punkerted and Den, Well there are about 75 people there, Well the questions were Flying. I'll just tell you people don't get it. My kids, i told them the story as it was told to me and they said whatever:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: