Did somebody over at Fender...

egan.

daylightdies.com
Dec 28, 2002
NorCal
www.daylightdies.com
Did somebody over at Fender decide that Charvel should be their LTD/Schecter?
2931031590_frt_tbn_001.png

2931021557_frt_tbn_001.png

2931021550_frt_tbn_001.png

2931021586_frt_tbn_001.png

Sorry for the pictures but my point is it's the exact same finishes and similar specs at the same flooded price point. Mostly though IMHO it doesn't fit the spirit of Charvel.

One band on our stage at Warped had prototypes of these out along with their main guitars... MIC, pretty much just pieces of shit. The tech was CONSTANTLY having to tweak with them to get them playable, and they didn't hold their tuning for longer than a song.

Played one yesterday at my local store, was meh. I mean for 500 bucks i guess it was a good deal but they have unfinished necks and it just felt weird, like not smooth enough.

Definitely raping Charvel :(

I'm the proud owner of an 87 Model 2 and a 91 Fusion Deluxe... can't be dealing with this shit

Actually to be fair, this one isn't THAT bad, kinda reminds me of a Caparison Angelus

2931111557_frt_wlg_001.png

Pretty much this. I want to see super strats and shredder guitars. It would make more sense to expand the jackson line which was already deep in this market IMHO.
The relaunch of the brand was amazing....USA made guitars that completely dog (IMO) the more expensive overseas competitors. Then it went overseas. Then this happened.

While I wouldn't touch these furniture guitars, I am really sorry the relaunch models went to Japan, and now fishing for them used is doubly more complicated. I don't have beef with JAp guitars, I just don't want a Japanese Charvle. Yes I know most of them were but whatever.. This doesn't phase me really, the man behind the brand hasn't been associated with it forever now.