Did u like the production on DHIADW or...??

A

alexseretis

The Question is simple dudes :
did u like the sound on the last nevermore cd or do u think that they should try another producer too?

I believe that Andy did a great job and made a killer sound but it is too nu - metal for Nevermore and i think they should try something more "colourful". I mean the sound on DNB was much more expressing and more "warm" but still very heavy...I would prefer such a direction than a more "cold" sound like Dead Heart had...
what do u think?

I think DNB sounded more "cold", which made sense because of the story line.NU Metal ? have a listen to the band Sabbbatt tt(Andy Snipe turn them in to a Nu Metal Band) Invesigate and find the truth! Sabbat still smokes.HAHA

I think DNB sounded more "cold", which made sense because of the story line.NU Metal ?

the cold sound of DHIADW fits to the theme of the cd. no doubt. DNB wasn't that cold. since i liked the music of DNB or PoE better i prefer the procuctions of these two cds too...

I love the production in DHIADW!!
Very brutal and heavy sound! Right in your face!

I think Andy Sneap is one of the best producers around!
You can really hear when he's been on the mixing table! ;)
The sound is very clear, yet very heavy as i said!

Dead Heart's production is technically miraculous...but I can't say whether I like it or not...maybe if I sould listen to PoE with this production...but it definitely doesn't annoy me or anything.No,actually I prefer it than dnb's production.DNB used to make my speakers create some noise...now it's all clear and loud.BUT of course this is technical stuff,you're probably right that it had a warmer sound..

Originally posted by Dragonlord
Dead Heart's production is technically miraculous...but I can't say whether I like it or not...maybe if I sould listen to PoE with this production...but it definitely doesn't annoy me or anything.No,actually I prefer it than dnb's production.DNB used to make my speakers create some noise...now it's all clear and loud.BUT of course this is technical stuff,you're probably right that it had a warmer sound..

yeap, that bass tone was cool....it makes the speakers jump :D

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
I liked the old production better, except for the bass. It makes that really loud vibrating sound whenever I turn it up that overpowers all of the other music and makes it hard to listen to loud (I'm referring to DNB and PoE). So, old production with clean bass would be best to me.

i love the bass!

Originally posted by jimbobhickville
I liked the old production better, except for the bass. It makes that really loud vibrating sound whenever I turn it up that overpowers all of the other music and makes it hard to listen to loud (I'm referring to DNB and PoE). So, old production with clean bass would be best to me.

I agree,,,very much so. PoE is my fav. I love al ltha tcrazy shit in the title track. ITs a kick ass cd from the time God sticks out his 7 tongues................great shit, legendary

Fantastic stuff....

Very heavy...

Just needs a new producer TO FINE TUNE a few things...for the newie./

I loved the prodcution on Dead Heart. I thought it was one of the best sounding discs I've ever heard. DNB, conversely, although one of my favorite discs, was quite possibly the worst produced CD I've ever heard. Unless you spin that CD on the most killer of systems, the bass ruins everything.

GZ

DHIADW was terrible.

The guitars are absolutely compressed to BUGGERY... no room to breathe, that is why they sound 'cold', there is no dynamics. The drums have a good sound, but it doesn't fit nevermore's music... the toms are too "SMACK" rather than a more subtle "boom" like on DNB.

The vox are recorded well, i'll hand him that. A good job to harness WD's voice... This is the only good thing about the probudction of DHIADW....

I like NK's production... And to those people that whinge and moan about the bass distorting on their speakers... Buy a new fucking stereo! Listen to DNB on headphones, and then do the same with DHIADW... which sounds better there? DNB of course. There is MUCH more dynamic fluctuation on this record than DHIADW, which gives the music a 'feel' of it's own...

Well, i must say that i have to agree with you on this one, Alex.
:yow: (can't believe i said that!)
i still remember our conversations in the beginning when DHIADW came out...:oops:
If i had to choose between POE and DNB, it would be POE...i think it's in perfect balance!

xxx Iris xxx

I don't know. I liked the music on DNB more so I think I'm biased.

DNB- IM had an overpowering Bass sound (This coming from a bassist)

where as Dh production was super clean but I felt the guitars were to thin or perhaps the lack of "over powering" bass left the guitars hollow.

Either way they rule :)

I'm curious How a Townsend/Friedricksen production would do (check the sound of the new Soilwork)

or even dare I say the studio Friedman sound (Every fucking Swedish band)

Or Paul O'neil (Savatage)

Id say i have a quality stereo system, (well its my dads :)) but the bass on DNB is incredible. That could be a good thing though.

But the song on that album that rattles the speakers the most has to be the death of passion. Quality stuff :)\m/