Dhiadw??????

cenotaph

Shithead
Apr 9, 2002
Germoney
Visit site
What do you really think about DHIADW???
Because it seems to be me who is the only one on

this board thinking that DHIADW IS NEVERMORE´s best
release.
But don`t get this wrong
I also love their other records but DHIADW is just
a little bit better.

cya

yeh i disagree. i think that dead heart is just a little bit more simple and boring. its hard to put my finger on, but its just not as good as the ones that came before it. the riffs, the song structures, the lyrics. all just a bit sub par in comparison to somthing like POE or DNB or even In Memory. i still ilke it a lot, but when i reach for a nevermore cd, i usually reach for somthing else.
-neal

naw the biggest dead heart hater (trapped) isnt here to attack it an stuff. but you could be right i suppose.

:rolleyes:

I'm here in spirit...

I thought we'd been over this before neal? You know i don't hate Dead Heart, it is just a sub-par record for a talented band like nevermore...

Where have the epic passages and riffs of THE LEARNING gone? Where is that wonderful heavy groove from SEVEN TONGUES gone? Where is that eerie feeling that you get from CENOTAPH or FOREVER gone?? Where is the downright COOLNESS of MARTRICIDE gone?? eh? eh? eh?

Instead of pointing me out, how about some of you say the GOOD things about dh, and the things that make it a great record?

All criticism aside, there is some great stuff on DH, despite it's simplicity... DH is a great song, and theres ONE decent riff in the song, awesome... River Dragon is great too, although the tapping intro into the song is terribly off key, and makes me shudder every time i hear it, but the rest of the solo is decent, the illusion of sweeping and craziness, without actually sweeping or being crazy... WD's voice is the best it has ever been on Dead Heart, not just because of the mix on his voice (don't even get me started on the hideous guitar or drum sound) is better than before... he is alot more confident, and doesn't warble off key like spots in poe, and seems to control the falsetto a bit better than on DNB...

How about Neal Kernon and "The New Guy" get together, Neal doing guitars, drums and keys, and "The New Guy" doing vocals and bass??

-Yeah yeah, i know it's not possibly, but still, imaging the guitar tone and mix from poe, with WD's vocals and the vox mix of DH? The two men would kill each other i'm sure, as "The New Guy" is sure to have a hugely overgrown ego, and in all reality, the mix from DH and POE could not be strewn together, as it would sound crap... but... it was an idea still.

as jimbo stated - imo DH is the easiest one to get into (for me it was, definately)
though - I wouldn´t set it equal with DNB or PoE cause these hm have other intention? DH seems soo settled compared to DNB and rather straight compared to PoE
my fav is DNB .. its angry, its tragic, it makes me weep

Dead Heart is great but DNB and TOPE are even greater!!

Stefano

Originally posted by dead6skin6mask6
i think its a masterpiece, just like all of Nevermore's previous works... they havent done anything less than awesome
Nevermore can do nothing less than awesome:worship:
If it was anything less than TOTALLY FUCKING AWESOME,it would not be Nevermore.
~D.N.Darkspot

I think because they use a seven string on it some people automatically assumed they were going NU metal and created a preconcieved notion that it was going to suck before the album was even heard (this is just a theory so don't rip me). This then sat in the back of the mind and created the illusion of a sub par album. Just a theory.

I think it's a great album. My favorite is DNB though because of the more gothic undertones to every song. And I'm also a fan of the Kernon guitar tone as opposed to Sneap, but that may have something to do with the 7 string (I never played one so I can't say for sure). And the bass can get lost in the mix at times, maybe cuz of the 5th string on the bass (that last string can actually get rolled off depending on the frequency response of your speakers). I thought the drum kit production was good though.

this album seems like a summary of their last couple records

>>TRAPPED i know you dont hate it fool. i didnt mean you hated it, i meant that you are the most vocal criticizer of the album. i agree with what you've said of it in the past, and i wasnt too interested in trying to explain why its not as good. it just isnt. everythings not as good as in the past. its still a good album, but not as good. to use a baseball analogy (i fucking hate baseball) you cant hit a homerun every time. bleh.
-neal

Personally I like DHIADW better than POE. DNB is my fave and Dead Heart is next. POE has some killer songs, but to me it has some mediocre ones as well. It's not like any of these albums suck as far as I'm concerned. Hell, I got DHIADW in the CD player now. It rips! I like the 7-string stuff, but prefer the 6-string tuned down like DNB.

DHIADW is easier to get into, this is true...but it has some bad ass tunes on it....

River Dragon
Narcosynthesis
Engines of Hate
Dead Heart in a Dead World
Sound of Silence
Insignificant

Oh hell...I like them all...even their commercial tune Believe in Nothing....it grows on you.

DNB though...that CD is the best metal disc i've ever heard. Bar none.

Bald man

Originally posted by Unregistered

:rolleyes:

I'm here in spirit...

I thought we'd been over this before neal? You know i don't hate Dead Heart, it is just a sub-par record for a talented band like nevermore...

Where have the epic passages and riffs of THE LEARNING gone? Where is that wonderful heavy groove from SEVEN TONGUES gone? Where is that eerie feeling that you get from CENOTAPH or FOREVER gone?? Where is the downright COOLNESS of MARTRICIDE gone?? eh? eh? eh?

Instead of pointing me out, how about some of you say the GOOD things about dh, and the things that make it a great record?

All criticism aside, there is some great stuff on DH, despite it's simplicity... DH is a great song, and theres ONE decent riff in the song, awesome... River Dragon is great too, although the tapping intro into the song is terribly off key, and makes me shudder every time i hear it, but the rest of the solo is decent, the illusion of sweeping and craziness, without actually sweeping or being crazy... WD's voice is the best it has ever been on Dead Heart, not just because of the mix on his voice (don't even get me started on the hideous guitar or drum sound) is better than before... he is alot more confident, and doesn't warble off key like spots in poe, and seems to control the falsetto a bit better than on DNB...

How about Neal Kernon and "The New Guy" get together, Neal doing guitars, drums and keys, and "The New Guy" doing vocals and bass??

-Yeah yeah, i know it's not possibly, but still, imaging the guitar tone and mix from poe, with WD's vocals and the vox mix of DH? The two men would kill each other i'm sure, as "The New Guy" is sure to have a hugely overgrown ego, and in all reality, the mix from DH and POE could not be strewn together, as it would sound crap... but... it was an idea still.

That was GREAT man.

I think they spent some time on it , refining some elements, they handled the samplers so well, it's quite a good listen actually, is?? it brutal like the first - no way, did they want it that way, no, they want a super heavy one, for the youngies.

Thanks for your time.

I think because they use a seven string on it some people automatically assumed they were going NU metal and created a preconcieved notion that it was going to suck before the album was even heard (this is just a theory so don't rip me). This then sat in the back of the mind and created the illusion of a sub par album. Just a theory.

Nope... that is bullshit. I am a huge Morbid Angel fan, and they use seven strings.... I didn't even KNOW that DHIADW was done on seven strings untill one of the threads on this forum, so that theory is bunkum (bunkum?? Jesus trapped... what has happened to you?)...

Kindof sidetracked... but i personally prefer six strings to seven... i've played a few seven strings here and there, but they just aren't as comfortable, and their necks are a bit SLOW compared to something like a six-string jackson or whatever...

want a super heavy one, for the youngies

...And they went about it ALL the wrong way. Andy Sneap made nevermore sound like Testament in all honesty, and it doesn't work at all...

They should have created heavy MUSIC as opposed to a heavy PRODUCTION...

-Trapped