Did you get duped by The End Records?

VivaMetal

New Metal Member
May 17, 2008
Why do they still advertise a free autographed booklet and poster "while supplies last" on their website? They should have removed that language after they received their 750th order.

How many of you would have pre-ordered Watershed from The End at THEIR PRICE on THEIR TERMS if you knew in advance that there wasn't a snowball's chance in Hades that you would get an autographed booklet?

I placed my order within 24 hours of the posting on the Opeth website. My initial e-mail confirmations from The End showed "autographed booklet + poster." Fucking bastards.

Those who pre ordered with PayPal had no chance either, regardless of when they ordered, because all the payments "expired", and they didn't reserve any of our places in line. I've seen a few members with much higher order numbers then mine that got the autographed booklet, and they have yet to reply to any of my emails.

Those who pre ordered with PayPal had no chance either, regardless of when they ordered, because all the payments "expired", and they didn't reserve any of our places in line. I've seen a few members with much higher order numbers then mine that got the autographed booklet, and they have yet to reply to any of my emails.

I emailed them about my order with paypal expiring causing me to lose my place in line since I ordered very early. He emailed me back and said it doesn't matter when the paypal payment went through, only when you first had ordered it. I haven't received mine yet but I better get the damn signed one! I ordered it within like the first day of it being available.

I emailed them about my order with paypal expiring causing me to lose my place in line since I ordered very early. He emailed me back and said it doesn't matter when the paypal payment went through, only when you first had ordered it. I haven't received mine yet but I better get the damn signed one! I ordered it within like the first day of it being available.
Yeah, I read that in the other thread, but I don't believe it for a second. The member "A Fair Judgment" posted his order details in that thread as well, his order number is "216906" while mine is "215325", I'd like to see them explain why he got an autographed booklet and poster, while I got neither.

It's not only The End Records. on the Relapse site there also words about "the first 50 orderers wil get "Mellotron Heart". I think it's very very VERY bad. They are just motherfuckin assholes, because I want to get freakin' package with "Mellotron Heart" and I don't freakin' know if can get it. Really, they might remove words about "first 50" from description if there were already 150 orders. It's just a LIE.

I'll wait for some package with "Mellotron Heart" CD on eBay, beacuse I don't want to order something that might be pure fuck up when it comes to me.

It really makes me angry. Fuckin fuckers.

I payed for a signed version, it said so when I ordered it. That's false advertising...

This is the actual response I got from The End.
"It is all based on when the order was placed, not paid for. If you were one of the first 300 orders the day it went up for sale, you will still get the signed copy."

Actually, it's not like if you're waiting in line and they close the door after the 300th. Unfortunately, the website is not build to change it after the 300th.
I know it sucks but we are all in the same boat I think...

The problem is the preorder was available for a few days before any announcement was made. I'm guessing most of the special offers were gobbled up before then. I ordered mine on the 17th and I got Mellotron Heart and the autographs.

nice i hope i get it all although im doubtful, i got mine i think on the 23rd, disappointing if i dont get the autograph mellotron, but it did say in limited supply

i still dont have mine & the order status on their website is still sayin "being processed", which i'll have been pumped too, not gettin the signed copy or mellotron cd.

It would have been alot easier to have sold 300 of the extra special version, then remove it from the website, leavin only the SE!!! fuckin common sense dictates that........rant over, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told you! You dumbed or what? It says 300 people will get the Mellotronen Heart and 700 will get an autographed booklet. It was sure that 2 after the begining of the pre-order that all of those were gone. Some of you ordered it a week after and are frustrated.Come on! THis is a pre-order with special item. Those are rare. It's limited! Order it the first day or shut up!

I didn't get an autographed booklet either. I can't really complain since I got their autographs from the SE of Ghost Reveries last year.

hmmm... I ordered my special edition pretty early, but I still haven't received it. I didn't order the fastest shipping though, I think it was standard, and on status it just says "billed." So I'm not sure when I'll receive it or what I'll receive! :err:

I told you! You dumbed or what? It says 300 people will get the Mellotronen Heart and 700 will get an autographed booklet. It was sure that 2 after the begining of the pre-order that all of those were gone. Some of you ordered it a week after and are frustrated.Come on! THis is a pre-order with special item. Those are rare. It's limited! Order it the first day or shut up!
Ding! Ding! Ding! Considering how popular Opeth became when they signed with Roadrunner, their fanbase possibly doubled or tripled. There's a lot more competition for Opeth rarities than there was 3 years ago. Quit bitching about not getting what you wanted when it's your own fault for being 2 weeks late. I ordered my package on April 17th and even at that time I didn't get my hopes up for getting anything other than the album. That was the first or second day that it was available! The End and Opeth did screw up by not making the announcement sooner for the bonus items that had been available for a week but obviously plenty of people got what they wanted without the need of an announcement. If you want it, be diligent and you just might get it. I feel for the guys that got screwed with the Paypal bullshit. I'd hope The End would make things right for you somehow.

hmmm... I ordered my special edition pretty early, but I still haven't received it. I didn't order the fastest shipping though, I think it was standard, and on status it just says "billed." So I'm not sure when I'll receive it or what I'll receive! :err:

Tracking your order will help narrow the timeframe down.