Goddamn you, The End Records ...... :/

Azogue

New Metal Member
Goddamn....is there any order "webshop" that carries metal cds, besides The End? I thought these guys were the most reliable, but I was obviously wrong....they're fucking overrated.

I ordered 8 CDs from them over 4 days ago, and I paid extra for overnight shipping, and my order hasn't even been processed yet. I need my albums by tomorrow, cause I'm leaving town for a week....and they were supposed to be here by now, but they obviously won't get here in time, thus, I am fucked.

I had emailed them and they told me to choose overnight shipping, and they would definetely get here on time...well, this was bullshit, and I (being the idiot that I am) bought it, so now I'm fucked..I paid 15 dollars extra for a package that won't even get here on time. I could've chosen free shipping and it would've made no difference...I wanted my fucking CDs delivered soon, and they said they would..goddamnit.

I know everyone and their moms is a The End fanboy, but I don't give a shit, I'm fucking pissed at them, I don't think I'll ever order from them again. I know their prices are great, but the service sucks balls.

So yeah...are there any more reliable stores out there?

*flame away*

You live in Mexico?! Shut your trap and pray your shit doesn't take 6 months to get there like something has for me from Britain before... U.S. customs are overly anal and P.O.'s from different countries don't always work the way they should. If it is an independent courier - your beef is with them. If they didn't actually process the order yet, I'd report them to the better business bureau and bitch my balls off. Eh, never ordered from them myself, but Century Media got stuff to me in two weeks and a half, and I had to snail-mail a money order out. :>

I had ONE bad experience with the End out of about 30. Every single other time I got my albums in less than 4 days. And I used free shipping. The single bad experience was when I ordered some albums on 9 / 10 / 2001 so it was just fate fucking with me. Otherwise, The End actually have better service than giants like Amazon because they get the shit out in mere days, usually 3, for free.

Never had a problem with them myself. And you'd best forgive and forget because you won't find better prices on the material people here at UM desire. But are you certain your order wasn't even processed? Perhaps the United States post office is to blame for your troubles.

The only problem I've had with The End is how the CD holder thing inside of the case is usually damaged (the little "teeth" that hold the CD in place are broken).

Err.....I live in the border, and I have a couple of good friends that live in Texas (which is minutes away from my house), so I ordered them with their credit card and I gave their address. Heh.

So, no..the US customs/postal service have nothing to do with it. Like oyo said, I guess I just had bad luck. But on their second e-mail, they assured me I would get my package in time if I changed my shipping method to overnight shipping (I had chosen 3 day shipping from UPS before that). So I did that, and I still got fucked. Now I guess it's too late to change back to 3 day shipping ...

No matter what I say, I know I'll end up ordering more stuff from them...I just wish they wouldn't have "promised" my order would be here by making me spend more money on the shipping method. Meh.

Anyway, a tip for all of you who buy your stuff at the end (although you probably already know about this): type OBSERVER in the coupon box, and you will get an 8% discount, since it's an offer from metal-observer.com

I've had trouble with The End, and I usually do not order from them unless it's a newer release. When I first started ordering from The End over two years ago, I got every order within 2 days. 2 DAYS! I ws fucking ecstatic. And as The End's popularity grew, my orders got here more slowly, but I accepted it. I also loved how when you used to order more than 1 CD at a time, they automatically sent your order Priority. Of course, with the postage increasa, they stopped that.

I've had two orders from The End that never arrived, and that hurt their reputation in my eyes.

I vow never to order from Dark Symphonies again, though. Their prices are cheaper but I lost $20 with them on two CDs that still haven't arrived.

Of course, it is unfair to blame the distro, as it is the US Post Office's fault. The USPS fucking sucks. One time it took a Priority package (2-3 days GUARANTEED) 3 months to get to me. From New Jersey to Houston it took 3 months.

THe only two distros that I've NEVER had a problem with are Red Stream and Willowtip. Red Stream is a bit more expensive than The End, but I'm almost 100% guaranteed to get my order in a timely manner. Willowtip is what The End used to be like. Cheap, and super fast service. Same day shipping with a confirmatio that same day. Plus, their prices are cheaper but they don't have the selection The End does.

People need to realize that buying from a distro is a gamble with your money. It shouldn't be, but it is. No tellin' if some Post Office prick decides to keep your CD for himself.

Herald of Abomination said:
The only problem I've had with The End is how the CD holder thing inside of the case is usually damaged (the little "teeth" that hold the CD in place are broken).
Me too, and frequently it seems, perhaps this is the reason for the low prices, as what is more annoying than getting a new album only to open it up and find the disc on the left-hand side clinging to the booklet, and broken case teeth shimmying around underneath the plasic? Getting those out is worse than removing a pick from inside a guitar.

Dreamlord said:
No tellin' if some Post Office prick decides to keep your CD for himself.

Well, I have no idea what a distro is...but anyway, I chose UPS underground overnight delivery..I would think that's more reliable and secure than having them sent to you through the US post office.

Unless I'm completely wrong here, since I have no idea how anything works over there.

Azogue said:
Goddamn....is there any order "webshop" that carries metal cds, besides The End? I thought these guys were the most reliable, but I was obviously wrong....they're fucking overrated.

I ordered 8 CDs from them over 4 days ago, and I paid extra for overnight shipping, and my order hasn't even been processed yet. I need my albums by tomorrow, cause I'm leaving town for a week....and they were supposed to be here by now, but they obviously won't get here in time, thus, I am fucked.

I had emailed them and they told me to choose overnight shipping, and they would definetely get here on time...well, this was bullshit, and I (being the idiot that I am) bought it, so now I'm fucked..I paid 15 dollars extra for a package that won't even get here on time. I could've chosen free shipping and it would've made no difference...I wanted my fucking CDs delivered soon, and they said they would..goddamnit.

I know everyone and their moms is a The End fanboy, but I don't give a shit, I'm fucking pissed at them, I don't think I'll ever order from them again. I know their prices are great, but the service sucks balls.

So yeah...are there any more reliable stores out there?

*flame away*

The End is pretty gay because a lot of their shit is that artsy fag metal and for their good CD's like Obituary they charge $18 each. Anyway, email them and demand a refund. If they refuse to, fuck it, report them to the BBB. But I'm sure they'll refund your card since THEY fucked up.

Azogue said:
Well, I have no idea what a distro is...but anyway, I chose UPS underground overnight delivery..I would think that's more reliable and secure than having them sent to you through the US post office.

Unless I'm completely wrong here, since I have no idea how anything works over there.

Distro= Distributor=online mail order

I thought buying UPS packaging automatically meant it was insured. You should check into that. If it's insured, you can get your money back.

One more thing...

Apparently, The End couldn't ship my order sooner cause UPS doesn't take orders on weekends (except fridays). I always assumed they worked 7 days a week...that seems kinda suspicious to me. Even if it were true, they assured me it would be shipped by Monday (which ended 5 hours ago) and it's still pending fulfillment. I wrote a 4th email, changing my shipment method BACK to 3 day delivery (I don't want some postman stealing them).

Demonspell said:
One place I order from almost as often as The End is www.lasercd.com , which has similarly inexpensive prices and is usually very reliable...but since they specialize in prog, I can't guarantee that they'll suit your particular tastes, although they do carry a fair amount of metal.
:worship:

Oh man, this site rocks! This is exactly the kind of selection I wanted...and the prices are more than fair too. Plus, they have a search option! Wow, thanks a whole bunch, man! :kickass:

Azogue said:
Apparently, The End couldn't ship my order sooner cause UPS doesn't take orders on weekends (except fridays). I always assumed they worked 7 days a week...that seems kinda suspicious to me. Even if it were true, they assured me it would be shipped by Monday (which ended 5 hours ago) and it's still pending fulfillment. I wrote a 4th email, changing my shipment method BACK to 3 day delivery (I don't want some postman stealing them).

UPS does not work on the weekends. They never have.