Did you know......

ollebull said:
that the clean vocals in "The Moor" (pale touch writhing in the embers...) sound very much like the chorus of ABBA's "Lay All You Love On Me".... Maybe Åkerfeldt listens secretly to ABBA when he's home alone
Don't all Swedish people?
ABBA is the only decent band to come out of Sweden (apart from Roxette):rolleyes:
:puke:

Stondis said:
Don't all Swedish people?
ABBA is the only decent band to come out of Sweden (apart from Roxette):rolleyes:
:puke:

That's not my point... What I meant was the similarities between the vocal lines in those songs. Mike kind of stole it, or it can be a coincidence.
And all swedes don't listen to ABBA. But I think most of us are proud of swedish bands being big in the world. However, it took me 3 years to figure out which song the vocals in "The Moor" sound like. Today it just came to me... it's funny 'cause I listen to ABBA sometimes, and I have heard that song so many times for the last 3 years.

There are so many songs that have been "written before"... like guitar solos being stolen etc... and it's quite funny to listen to sometimes...

An example...
First:
Listen to the guitar solo from the song "Five To One" by The Doors
Then:
Listen to the guitar solo from the song "She" by KISS
And then:
Listen to the guitar solo from the song "Damn Deal Done" by Entombed.

I know many more examples...

People!! Share your "discoverys" with me

well, its not totally out of the question that someone can take a small portion of a song and stick it into their own...its been done millions of times...

opethwundi said:
dude sorry but i can't suppose that mike do that...

Mike has taken quiete a few parts off of a Comus EP and put it into MAYH according to a friend of mine....but i haven't heard the Comus ep so i cannot judge or see if he's telling the truth.

Mike, if you're reading this, can ya help out perhaps? :hotjump:

Another good example is

Dead can Dance - The Host of Seraphim from 4:00-
Amorphis - In the beginning from 1:05-

It's the same melody only that Amorphis uses a guitar and sped it up a bit.

It's not unlikely he listens to/regularly hears ABBA, Meshuggah have always said that ABBA is their favourite CD to have on the tour bus and you can hear it heaps in the background of their home videos.

ollebull said:
That's not my point... What I meant was the similarities between the vocal lines in those songs. Mike kind of stole it, or it can be a coincidence.
And all swedes don't listen to ABBA. But I think most of us are proud of swedish bands being big in the world.

Yeah man, I was just being silly:)

Finnn said:
Another good example is

Dead can Dance - The Host of Seraphim from 4:00-
Amorphis - In the beginning from 1:05-

It's the same melody only that Amorphis uses a guitar and sped it up a bit.

Interesting, I love that melody. Which album is the Dead Can Dance song on?