Favourite Opeth word

BRI

Dec 30, 2004
Whether it be the greatness of the word itself, the content in which it is used or just the way Mike pronounces it, pick your favourite.

The Moor: "miasma" - The bit just before he mentions "the moor". I love the sound of the word, and the way Mike says it.
DOTF: "silent" - The first word. Mike makes it sound like soilent haha
SPD: "choking" - The growl bit just before the solo. It just sounds so darn cool.
BRI: "achromatic" - The big clean interlude just before the heaviness comes back in. The word is great, and Mike sings it wonderfully.
...and last but not least
TDF: (deadly) "patterns" - I'm pretty sure you all know why.

BRI said:
BRI: "achromatic" - The big clean interlude just before the heaviness comes back in. The word is great, and Mike sings it wonderfully.
I love that one, too! How can one word sound so wonderfull. It's maybe my favourite Opeth word :lol:

Nevermore - Dreaming neon black - Death of passion - obsidian - a black type of glass that is see through - great imagary, great word. One day I will own some-one with this word.

Looking for a Job said:
that's great. from now on, post on every thread your thought when you read the thread title. i'm sure everyone is as fascinated as i am what you think

Are you a regular poster who has changed thier name? Is that you trey?

bangadrian said:
when i read the title of this thread, i thought it would be words that only exist in opeth songs
That was the plan. Funny, that...

some obsidian

Burns%20Green%20obsidian%201.jpg

it happens to be found near vulcanos - which explains why it is called 'vulkanglass' in german....

my fave opeth word would be bereavement because it is a cool word and mike pronounces it nice in blackwater park (the song)

Mine is almost a phrase, I think it sounds really cool. It's on blackwater park. where he says "...bewildered soliloquys." Just the way Mike grunts it out.

In the Moor - "There is no forgiveness in these eyes"...he says "foe-giveness"

In Karma - "Trees bend their boughs toward the earth."...listen when he says "boughs"..it sounds very weird.

"Deliverance"

There's something about how he sings this word....it fits so well with the music, an instant classic.