Opeth in Cincinnati

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
This was a good show this is the 3rd time ive seen Opeth this year and the Moor was my favorite song they played live it was fucking rad. Some funny shit happened at this gig tho some loud Ass in the crowd who yelled "fuck the soft shit" right after Mike announced he was going to play 2 songs off of Damnation and mike replied with a pissed off beat red face "No we don't fuck the soft shit if you don't like the soft shit then your here for the wrong reasons" and Opeth fans roared in agreement. Near the end of the set before Demon of the fall encore mike wanted to make sure every one headbanged on this tune like he used to when he went to shows. Mike announced he doesnt go to shows anymore because he's such a big rock star now and the crowd just laughed. My only complaint about Opeth is they should play 3 hour sets since there songs are so long and you don't get to here alot of them but all in all its always worth going to a Opeth show . My night did end with me saying Fuck U to one of the security guards at the Cincinnati concert joint there where some dickheads working there that were good at ruining good times people were trying to have....
P.S Openers
Moonspell-surpassed my expectations they were awsome

Alteredmindeath said:
Moonspell-surpassed my expectations they were awsome
Well the show was fuking great being it was the first time I've had the pleasure of seeing Opeth live...and what a pleasure it was!!! I guess I saw a different band with the same name Moonspell because the Moonspell I saw were terrible. I about shit myself when the leader singer pulled out his STAFF OF DOOM. I'm just not one for props in music...but it made for great laughs!!! I'm really surprised he wasn't wearing a studded cod piece. Anyways they sucked...hard. Deliverdumper also sucked but not as bad as Moonspell. I wasn't sure if Dez was having convulsions or about to start break-dancing. And he should leave his preaching bit for people who care. I didn't pay to listen to him preach..well really I paid to see Opeth so I guess it dosen't matter. Im so glad Opeth played the Moor, one of my favorites and I was hoping they'd play it. I can't wait to see them again and hopefully next time with some discent opening bands.
P.S. I just got back from seeing six feet under in Louisville....it sucked!