Dad likes Opeth \m/

my dad likes elton john, billy joel, and huey louis. and marches. all of which are cool (except for the marches), but he wouldn't like any of my music (except for joel, john, and louis, of course).

my mom recognises the talent inherent to progressive music. but all she ever listens to is church music. *gets sick*

My dad says it's great (especially Blackwater Park) but he doesn't like the death growls.
I put on MAYH for my uncle and he thought it was great except for the death growls. He did sit through the whole thing and asked "Why can't they just sing like that the whole time" when the softer vocals came on.
My mom came in to my room while I was listening to Orchid and she thought some parts were nice until the death growls came on.

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that it might be the death growls that drive people away.

I put on some Therion (Secret of the Runes) for my parents and they both liked it. I slipped it in on the car the other day before my mom got in and she liked it. Both of my parents like Theatre of Tragedy a bit and Nightwish alot.