Dad likes Opeth \m/

SkullFucker

Oct 18, 2002
Australia
Visit site
haha
I am currently playing my Soft Opeth Compilation, cd I made up off all their soft songs off each album. I'm playing it really loud...all of a sudden my dad bust's into my room and he's all "Fuck!...who's this?" I tell him its Opeth, then he says "what an awesome voice....this music fucking rocks" (song playing is still day beneath the sun) and he asks me to make him a copy so he can listen to it while we eat dinner.
This rules. Just thought I'd share my experience with all.

no luck with either of the 'rents... mom doesn't MIND the slow stuff, said they sound like the Moody Blues. i turned my bro into a big Bloodbath fan, but he can't get into Opeth -- "Too grandiose." Haha!! What a fucking asshole!

hey guys, I'm trying to get a friend of mine into Opeth. so which song should I send him (email, so only one song)? Drapery Falls, Fair Judgement, face of Melinda? any experiences? :D

my dad loved harvest, but probably couldnt stand the heavier stuff, he was in alot of "rock" bands back in the day, they played shit like george throughgood and dire straights, pretty cool stuff but not the greatest, dont even think i have let my mom hear them for fear she would shit herself, but anywho

@Skullfucker

That's pretty cool. I dunno, I mean I gotta thank my dad because he started me on the whole "rock and roll" kick when I was very young. I grew up with classic rock in the house which eventually just progressed into my insatiable hunger for metal these days, hehe. I used to try to get him turned onto some of my stuff...but he generally cannot get used to the vocals...although since Opeth does have some clean vox, I should let him have a listen. My dad actually likes Type O Negative, go figure:lol: