my dad likes opeth

RollMyCoaster13

RollMyCoaster13
Jan 26, 2006
first time poster...

im 15 and i saw opeth in october at HoB chicago. i took a friend but my only way of getting there was for my dad to take us. To be honest, i think my dad is one of the coolest people out there. plus hes even an opeth fan, well the "non-satanic" stuff at least. i thought it was awesome. At the show, it was mostly comprised of heavier stuff. my friend and i were split off from my dad for a while. at the end, we met back up. he had this huge grin on his face and said "THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! OPETH KICKS ASS!" hahaha that was one fucking awesome night...

do any of your parents like opeth too? if not, what are their reactions to the best band ever?:headbang:

RollMyCoaster13 said:
first time poster...

im 15 and i saw opeth in october at HoB chicago. i took a friend but my only way of getting there was for my dad to take us. To be honest, i think my dad is one of the coolest people out there. plus hes even an opeth fan, well the "non-satanic" stuff at least. i thought it was awesome. At the show, it was mostly comprised of heavier stuff. my friend and i were split off from my dad for a while. at the end, we met back up. he had this huge grin on his face and said "THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! OPETH KICKS ASS!" hahaha that was one fucking awesome night...

do any of your parents like opeth too? if not, what are their reactions to the best band ever?:headbang:

o_O Satanic stuff? There are only a few people I know that likes Opeth

My dad loves Opeth! He has GR and Damnation in his truck all the time even though they're my CDs. I also burned him Still Life. He's gone with me to both Opeth shows I've seen and hopefully will take me to Eugene for this tour.

My Mom likes most Opeth stuff(she thinks the death vocals are funny, though) and my Dad... he doesn't really like it, but he doesn't mind it if I put it on in the car, for example. They are both music-lovers, too.

My mum likes Opeth - I just burned her a compilation of their mellower tracks. She listens to it at least twice a day and enjoys watching the first half of the Lamentations DVD.

AlphaTemplar said:
my dad likes...Joan Baez?
Oh, and I like Joan Baez too!

Actually, I got my dad into a bit of them.

Same situation - he's the only one that can take me to an Opeth show, so I figured I'd show him some of their stuff. I played him Damnation, which he liked quite a bit. I played a few softer songs - Benighted, and A Fair Judgement, which he also liked. I haven't shown him Opeth's heavy stuff yet, but I have shown him Death and Children of Bodom. He liked the instrumentation on both bands (especially Bodom), but didn't like the growling.

He said he's actually looking forward to the show, so I have hope.

i just bought my tickets this morning for both opeth gigs in melbourne, and i had to buy another ticket for my mum. instead of buying a red sports car for her mid life crisis, she's coming to see opeth. i think thats pretty cool. and probably like most parents she first heard opeth through damnation, but i've bombarded her with the heavy stuff from then on.