Even my MOM likes Opeth!?!!?!

Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, not just my Mom but my Dad too. Granted, I've got really cool parents who like stuff like Pantera, Down (even went and seen them in concert). I never in my life thought they would dig opeth, but they do.

This past weekend I played them some of "Watershed" and they fell in love with "Coil" and "Porcelain Heart". They didn't like "Heir Apparnt" too well because they don't really understand the growling, but still....my freakin parents even like Opeth! My Mom is even gonna go as far as picking up a copy of "Watershed"!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Zombi, don't take it to heart. Comedic opportunities arise everywhere.

My dad enjoys Opeth, he's pretty open to new ideas and good music generally. My mum doesn't like the growls but at least now she has understood the beauty within the music and doesn't think I'm going to smash my head against the wall.

Zombi, don't take it to heart. Comedic opportunities arise everywhere.

My dad enjoys Opeth, he's pretty open to new ideas and good music generally. My mum doesn't like the growls but at least now she has understood the beauty within the music and doesn't think I'm going to smash my head against the wall.

Right on.

Same thing here. My dad loves Coil, Burden, and Porcelain Heart, but he hated Heir Apparent because of the growling. He also likes Harvest, Windowpane, Isolation Years, Atonement, and most all of their clean stuff.

Same thing here. My dad loves Coil, Burden, and Porcelain Heart, but he hated Heir Apparent because of the growling. He also likes Harvest, Windowpane, Isolation Years, Atonement, and most all of their clean stuff.

I didn't even get as far as 'Burden'. If I had played them that song, they probably would have RAN to the store to pick up the album:lol:

Yeah my mom loves opeth too.
Although my dad seems to have this deep rooted need to dismiss all modern day music, I get the feeling that even if he liked opeth, he couldn't possibly admit it.

Ümlaut;7335422 said:
I agree. Also, LOL.

"l0l0l0lz mb if i can laugh at teh n00bz with low post count i can be one of the cool forumerZ~"
-umlaut

@topic, this is cool i get shit by my dad "youre wasting my whole ipod battery on this OPETH" (understandable when said on most opeth songs, but that time he said that when isolation years was playing --)