Opeth And Age Groups?

Hey thanks for the responses guys! The main reason I asked is because most metal bands like Opeth don't last that long. Don't get me wrong, I really like Opeth (especially their singles, obviously :p) but a lot of medieval metal bands like Opeth don't last long in the big scheme! I am thrilled to know that Opeth have been around a long time, maybe I'll check out Ghost Reverse soon.

Prog style was what I was into before thrash/speed metal so Opeth fits both just perfect. I am now back into 70's prog so they could not be any better for a guy like me. Funny story here, I had just cut all my hair off almost 2 yrs ago (due to thinning, BUMMER) and I guess did not look as cool and I am walking down my street and a young kid states "Wow man you have an Opeth t-shirt on and your old" Funny thing is, although I cannot confirm it, is that I might have been the one to get the kid into Opeth. I teach guitar in the area and my no#1 student is killer nowadays and is as cool as a 15yr old can be so I turned on my student to Opeth and many other bands and he has turned on all his friends to many of my fave groups.

I've tried to expose everyone I know to Opeth, but in general those between 20 and 35 seem to be the only ones I know who like them. That age group seems to be confirmed by the crowd at shows, although I have noticed it getting younger over these last few years.

Edit: I've only seen them in the US though. Could be different overseas.

its their debut album duh (and you call yourself a fan)

I never called myself a fan (how ridiculous you are). I just don't see why you are talking even about Blackwater Park?

"(blackwater park) hasnt been out for 14 years".

The guy that you replied to never talked about listening to a particular album 14 (he wrote 16, I know) years ago or going into a show...
And it is possible that he knew them since their very beginning since he is from Sweden.

I never called myself a fan (how ridiculous you are). I just don't see why you are talking even about Blackwater Park?

"(blackwater park) hasnt been out for 14 years".

The guy that you replied to never talked about listening to a particular album 14 (he wrote 16, I know) years ago or going into a show...
And it is possible that he knew them since their very beginning since he is from Sweden.

Heard of ironic humour?

Well seems like teenagers have more time to post here on the forum. Though concerts are different, even though it was OK for teenagers to come to the concert there are a lot of grown-ups there too. (I am talking about Istanbul)

HI, I'M GEORGE ZIMMER, FOUNDER AND CEO OF THE MENS WAREHOUSE. RECENTLY, I WAS APPROACHED BY QUITE A LUCIOUS LOOKING LADY PERSON. HER BINDING BUST FIGURE IMMEDIATLY FORCED MY TWITCHING GARGANTUAN MAN CANNON TO RAPIDLY EXPAND TO DIVINE ELEPHANTINE DIMENSIONS. THE LADY IN QUESTION, WHO'S BEAUTY WAS ONLY MATCHED BY THAT OF MY COLLOSSAL DOWNSTAIRS DOWEL, WAS ASTOUNDED AND THUS PROCEEDED TO STARE INTENTLY AT MY INTENSIFYINGLY TITANTIC LUST LOG OF INFINITE SEXUAL DESIRE AS IT OBILTERATED MY FINE UNDERWEAR AND TROUSERS CUNNINGLY CONSTRUCTED BY MY DIGNIFIED CHAIN OF RETAILERS. SHE WAS SO FLABBERGASTED AT THE SHEER SIZE AND GRANDEUR OF MY MAGNIFICENT AND IMPRESSIVE ZIMMER BATON THAT I UNDRESSED HER FINE SKIRT AND UNDERWEAR GARMENTS WITH MY PSYCOKINETIC EYES AND SLAMMED MY GIANT OMINOUS VEINY WHALE INTO THE CREVACE OF HER ORIFICE AND DISCHARGED AN ARMY OF MINITURE DAPPER ALBINO BOSNIANS TO COAT THE INSIDES OF HER ANAL CAVITY WITH ONLY THE FINEST SMELLING ZIMMER PROTEIN PACKED PENILE PRODUCE. ONCE I HAD FINISHED WITH THE PUPPYLIKE WHORE, I STAMPED MY NOW ALMOST FLACID STOPCOCK OF JOY AGAINST THE GROUND AND CHARGED INTO THE NIGHT SKY WITH THE ROCKET FUEL OF A THOUSAND GODS TO CONTINUE MY CRUSADES OF MEAT CLOBBERIN'. I GUARANTEE IT.