Even my MOM likes Opeth!?!!?!

My mom likes Opeth, but she mutes it whenever growls come on. And I don't know about my dad, I've only risked the quieter stuff. When I played him Burden and some other stuff he had this big rant about the Moody Blues back in his day, etc.

im 20... and my dad (who listen to classic music, and plays violin...), recognize Opeth as a good band (musicians)... specially their jazzy stuff... my mom likes old pop music, and can only listen to the mellow/clean/softer parts...

Hehe, I was listening to "The Funeral Portrait" in the car, and my mom cranked it.:lol:

Just introduced my dad to Opeth too. I know he likes their prog-rock style stuff, but I'm not sure what he thinks about the heavier parts.

My main concern is actually that no girls here like Opeth, or, heck, any good band, really, they don't even know who Pink Floyd are.

Dude, don't worry about that too much. The girl that I was sort of with for a long time was a metalhead (and goth-chick) - she liked Opeth (she bought 'My Arms, Your Hearse' because I raved about it so much), Amorphis, In Flames, and lots of others - and she turned out to be a completely insane whore. We're not together (or even friends) now, obviously.... And I regret alerting her to 'My Arms, Your Hearse'. Bitch.

Dude, don't worry about that too much. The girl that I was sort of with for a long time was a metalhead (and goth-chick) - she liked Opeth (she bought 'My Arms, Your Hearse' because I raved about it so much), Amorphis, In Flames, and lots of others - and she turned out to be a completely insane whore. We're not together (or even friends) now, obviously.... And I regret alerting her to 'My Arms, Your Hearse'. Bitch.
interesting point... women and music... most of the girls/women that i know doesn't like the stuff that i do... which is a great impediment

my mom thinks porcelain heart is insane people screaming nonsense

I lolled at this in the libraries.

Yeh my parents don't like my music and I've given up. Logically my mum should like Burden and the softer songs cz she loves Pink Floyd and others but althought I love her, she's a bit weird: "What's he saying? That you should go out and worship the devils" "Yes, mummy. That is right"

My main concern is actually that no girls here like Opeth, or, heck, any good band, really, they don't even know who Pink Floyd are.

STFU. (Unless you meant "here" to be in/around your area, otherwise stfu.).