My mom likes Opeth.....?

Blackwinged said:
My parents only listen to stuff from the 60's & 70's. Guess I'm not as lucky as you guys.

They only listen to stuff from the 60s and 70s and they don't like Damnation? I guess you mean the beatles, led zepplin, the doors, pink floyd, cream, the yardbirds, and other classic rock bands. Your parents are either pretty closed minded or being blinded by their hate for Metal if they like progressive classic rock and not Damnation.

My mom likes their music, but she can't stand the death vocals. Well, actually she likes Mikael's newer style better than the one he had on the first two albums.

By the way, Jerkface really should be hit by a truck or something. For your information, you dickfuck, I actually respect my mom's opinion more than the other people I know(i.e. hang out with and *try* to *impress*). Having her like it even a little bit makes me like it a lot more. Who you calling a fanboy, shitface?

Yeah, seriously...what's the big deal about your Parents liking Opeth, etc?

Anyway, yeah...my mother actually likes Opeth too, somewhat. She definitely cannot stand the growling (I know she'll never like that), but she loves beautiful music. She absolutely adores HARVEST (which is her fave) and likes To Bid You Farewell alot as well. But everytime she hears me play Harvest, it clicks with her somehow....

For fun, I let her listen to Bleak just to see what she would think? Her reaction? She loved the clean bits -"Devious movements in your eye...." and after she heard the growling...."how could they ruin the song like that?" Hehehe...growling just ain't her thing.

For the record, she LOVES Anathema overall the best.

Jerkface said:
Give it a rest already. You're all being so gay with posts like this. I seriously hope the Opeth guys are laughing their asses off at these posts, I really do.

You're even more gay with a post like that. And yes, I was laughing my ass off at your post, diarrhea drinker.

Well my mother doesnt really like anything that i listen to unless its like Steve Miller band or something she knows...She doesnt like Pearl Jam and she cant STAND Led Zeppelin and she thinks Pink Floyd is just too wacky...thats what makes it weird...She likes Ozzy however (mainly because she LOVES the Osbournes)...
Even if im listening to like King Crimson or something she never says "hey thats neat!" In fact she once told me she hated Rush with a passion!
Well she likes Damnation...i should make her listen to the whole record and see what she says...

Jerkface said:
Holy crap, what a bunch of fanboys you all are. "Hey mommy, come listen to my music that I think makes me cool! If mommy likes Opeth then I'm even cooler! I love it when mommy loves my Opeth!"

Give it a rest already. You're all being so gay with posts like this. I seriously hope the Opeth guys are laughing their asses off at these posts, I really do.

Woah! It's like Deja Vu all over again!! :eek:

And now it is confirmed the Jerkface is definitely an alter-ego for a pre-existing member on these forums. :Smug:

Yes, im a fanboy because my mom likes a band i do. In fact, i wasnt really praising opeth at all, i was simply praising my moms open mind for music. so i guess that makes me a fanboy of mothers? :Smug:

Fucking Moron.

So you guys all live at home with your parrents still? Damn, then I must be really old..I don't, so I don't know if they like Opeth or not. I have an indication...I think, or presume that they hate it. My mom used to like some of the mellower stuff from metal bands (Nothing Else Matters of course). But I played mellower Opeth for her, but she found it boring...and she listens to German schlager musik (kind of German folk..), now THAT'S boring I tell ya...

My boss (a 45 year old women) actually liked Still Life a lot. She asked me if I had any CD's with me for her to be playing in het computer, I had Still Life with me. And she listened to the whole damn album!! Normally she listens to R&B and stuff! She said it reminded her of some bands her brothers played in the past like Rush and that kinda shit. so you never know what people will like. Just keep playing Opeth to everyone and SPREAD THE WORD! :headbang:

My father likes opeth, though he says his ears are too old to take all the growling, he liked damnation and opeth's other clean vox songs.

My mother thinks all of my music is about satanism, killing, and running around in the woods with really big swords so she tends to just shake her head at it... but i mean, she listens to celine dion so whatever. She also thinks my brother's music is all about busting a cap in someone's ass :lol:

Leech said:
My father likes opeth, though he says his ears are too old to take all the growling, he liked damnation and opeth's other clean vox songs.

My mother thinks all of my music is about satanism, killing, and running around in the woods with really big swords so she tends to just shake her head at it... but i mean, she listens to celine dion so whatever. She also thinks my brother's music is all about busting a cap in someone's ass :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
this must be the funniest post I've ever read over here!! Hahaha