Your relatship with your mom

Metalmancpa:

As one that has been through meds, the psychiatric hospitals, the group homes, foster homes, sex abuse, suicidal thoughts, promiscuity, and depression, I turned out to be a well-adjusted, responsible, loving human being. The relationship between my mother and me has GREATLY improved since my teens, and we are very close now. It did take me 25 years to realize MY faults in what has happened to me in the past, and approach her with my supplication for forgiveness for all I had done to her. When I think about what I was as a little girl - teenager, I see a person full of bitterness and hate for the injustice THE WORLD did to her, loneliness, pure self hate, and a desperate need to be accepted by SOMEONE. As the years went by, I slowly purged myself of all those feelings - complete purge took place when I became independent/had my child. It took 25 years, but it finally happened. I'm just sharing this because I see what you're going through with your daughter, and, of course everyone's different, but it seems like she has a supportive/caring/loving family environment, a dad who loves her very much, and consistent surroundings, so she has more of a chance than I ever had to turn out just fine.